#94321  by monroe

I need some Help on the way!

Our drummer is having a hell of a time with Slipknot. Anyone know the time signature(s) for this, or could give any insight on mapping the song out for drums??
 #94323  by Pete B.

Have him play along with the version you plan to do (on his own time), until he gets it down.
At the next band rehearsal, have the whole band play along with that version until you all lock it in, then break away from playing along.
Lock Bolt and Key!
:hail:
 #94326  by strumminsix

It changes. I hear 8, 7 and 6

He really needs to learn to chart it out. A drummer should be able to do it. If not textbook a way that's meaningful to him.

The 1 from the vault is a great version for a whole band to learn from IMO
 #106203  by bodiddley

So is it in 4/4 or what? I was counting it out the other day and it sure sounded like straight 4/4. If this is the case, why did they seem to fudge it up so much?
 #106253  by JonnyBoy

it goes from 4/4 to a 6/8 blip (if I remember right). but again that is useless if he doesn't know the changes and starts and stops. We changed drummers and this was also an issue getting the band back on track quickly. He had a week to get it right.... He wanted the mapped out music chart etc... but it didn't come together until we decided on a version to memorize and play along with. Actually we used Playin' Dead's version on youtube. Clear sound, great tempo and easy to see/hear what everyone is doing. Good Luck! That's one of the songs that separates the chickens from the roosters!
 #125033  by musicmike

Hay I could be wrong but their is a bar of 5/4 @ last bar or fm slip lick 4:44, then a bar of 4/4 f#m, then a bar of 6/4 @gm, 4:49 then back to good ol 4/4 until after jam @ the am slip lick, this all so has some 6/4 that is @ the frist part of the slip lick and the dim. arpeggios. so we have half of the slip lick =2, dim arpeggio =4, all together = 6. 6:34. any thoughts or comments please. peace from upstate NY music mike ; - ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlv6A_73cwg
 #148114  by MattMan

The time sig for the album version of slip 1 after the third verse:
4/4 x 7
5/4 x 1
4/4 x 1
6/4 x 1
4/4 x 1
4/4 x 3
4/4 x 6
Add one more bar of 4/4 after the 6/4 for the 80's return version.
Time sig after the solo (album version):
4/4 x 8
6/4 x 1
3/4 x 1
3/8 x 1
4/4 x 1
6/4 x 1
3/4 x 1
3/8 x 1
4/4 x 2
4/4 x 2
4/4 x 8