#94147  by gdrfk1990

what does this one do? is it worth getting? what is the difference between this and the Microverb Trey uses? What model did Jerry Use I, II, III, or IV?
 #94169  by raisingfreen

My understanding (in reference to Trey) is that he only using the Microverb for a reverse reverb sound during some of the crazy solos. You can see this in his various rig diagrams as well as a few choice up close shots. The remaining to Alesis (Nanoverbs) units to the left and right are for rack filler (according to StrangeDesign.org diagram).

There are full space Alesis units and the older 1/3 units. The older ones in my opinion do a decent job at some basic sounds and are relatively cheap. I was not aware Jerry use a Microverb in any form. I thought he got his reverb from a rack like the Real Tube or possibly the Twin.

The first Microverb (1/3 rack space unit) does the basics pretty well. It has a mix knob which I always felt was extremely useful.
 #94176  by barefootdave

I have a microverb, second one I have owned in the past 15 years. It does a great job for basic reverbs, has about a dozen or so room sizes. The midiverb is a full rack space (1U) that is essentially the same, but with more room choices and some added delays. Very simple to use with knobs for input gain, output level, and mix, these units are a great value. Since most of us now have delay pedals with tap tempo, our reverb units don't need a lot of extra features.

If you need a good reverb, this is an excellent choice.

To my knowledge, Jerry didn't use one.
 #94182  by jdsmodulus

Jerry used a Midiverb 3 in the 90s I think it was reverb for the midi setup.
 #94223  by gdrfk1990

Yeah I am going to pass on one of these the DD-3 does me fine the rig is coming together now I just need the OC-3 I realized I could use mi Voodoo labs Micro vibe as a phaser in place of the mxr-100 it sounds great Jerry used that all over the place in the 90's so the setup looks like this I have my homemade fake tiger with 2 super 2's and a SD vintage single coil a TPC1 no coil tap and no OBEL into Boss Tuner TU3, Boss SD-1, Boss OD3, Micro Vibe, Mtron III+, Boss DD-3, into Furman effects loop power conditioner, into Deluxe Reverb Reissue (I know it will only last 7 years but it sounds fantastic) I think I am going to add the Boss OC-3, coil tap the pickups and shield them as well then I am done.