Chat about Equipment Info
 #93534  by Counterstriker

I got it!! Jeez everything about it is perfect! and I did change the color last minute! It's a dark umber stain!

The action is just amazing.. I've been using my shitty strat that has this huge bow in the neck and has a terrible buzz, using this is such a big upgrade!

I'll have more pics up soon!
 #93535  by JonnyBoy

Wow!! Super nice my friend! I really like the color, good choice! :smile:
 #93544  by gr8fulbluz

supersweet. Enjoy it.
FWIW I raised the action on mine first thing but that is a personal thingy. I strung it with 11s as well and reset intonation it for higher action and heavier strings, then after about 2 years switched to 10s which i have kept at 10s. I think it came with tens, cannot remember.

Now have some fun, Whoot!
 #93559  by strumminsix

Congrats, dude! Was it wolf colored at first?
 #93560  by tcsned

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Looks like years of enjoyment!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 #93572  by monroe

Very nice! I gotta say I like the inline headstock. I seriously considered that on mine. Love the color too.
 #93574  by vwjodyme

Love it! i was waiting to see how the inline headstock and the chrome tuners would look with the abalone and it is perfect. nice color choice too! I filled my taxes and am just waiting for the green light from the govt before placing my order :cool:
 #93585  by gr8fulbluz

OH and Umber stain, all so butterscotch-y and yummy, i like. :hail:
 #93660  by brutusbuck45

Counterstriker wrote:thank you! I really like the pickups! I thought I wouldn't very unique sounding. the single coil has a very nice sound. VERY versatile! Can't wait to gig with it!
Hey now... great news and great looking guitar. I hate to say I told you so... but I did (smiling). Look back on previous posts- I said give the Carvin PUPs a try before you write them off. They are GOOD. Yes?
Glad you did give them a chance. Enjoy- its a beaut!
 #93661  by JonnyBoy

yes, listen to brutusbuck, he has schooled me (in a kind way) for the better on the Gdec too! I still use two of his patches religiously. I knew a pretty lookin' carvin would bring him from the depths of RUKIND lurking/surfing into a thread again.... Good to see you brother! Young Striker has him a killer axe worthy of big stage playing. It is a good day for all, peace, JB
 #95026  by vwjodyme

Is this the burnt umber?
I want the lighter umber for mine but it doesn't look like they have it anymore and the customer service guy is trying to tell me they changed the name to burnt umber.
 #95028  by gr8fulbluz

I was under the impression that the lighter color was vintage yellow.
Linky>like this
And Umber was more butterscotch-y.
Linky>Umber like
the deep clear has a certain appeal.>
Linky>deepclear Quilt linky

When I ordered mine in about late 2002 (time ?) I gave them an example. Twas a photograph from one of their catalogs, for example. I wanted a dark green and I got it like i wanted, just like the picture.