Talk about the recent Tours
 #92159  by USBLUES

I mailordered for the first time on the 7th, how long does it take to find out what happend? I put like 500 money order bucks in an envelope with a childlike Steelyourface logo scribbled in crayon on the front, and sinking feeling of what the F are you doing right now, but im sure it will all work out, just a little nervy.....
 #92163  by vwjodyme

this was my first time mail ordering too so can't help you with the time frame, but i just got back from waiting in line at the orpheum for tix and one of the guys in line said he got an email from gdts too saying to go to the venue because they have very limited mail order...so i guess keep our fingers crossed.
on a side note the venue said everything online sold out with in a few minutes and eventhough i was only about 15th in line they still only had scattered seating
 #92172  by joethepainter

Going to Philly Tower Theatre for the Sat. nite show, I think it's the the second (or is it third?) show of the Philly run...seeing these guys for the first time, should be fun. I'm a real curmudgeon-type 70's head, but with 2 of my nephews (early 20's) along...they may have to keep their snickers and eye-rolling to a minimum if/when I 'dance'... :shock:
 #92181  by vwjodyme

heard on sirius that furthur is planning on a FULL 2011 :cool:
 #92189  by Cmnaround

Live nation over Internet was way to go for the tower - if you were fast. Scored row AA single ticket for Friday, and front orch for sat and wed - to complement what I was able to get in presale last week. Nice. Thank you Bobby and Phil for playing these extended runs - 2 miles from my house! I never thought I would get to do multi show runs again unless I had a time machine. See y'all there!!!
 #92395  by USBLUES

Anyone get mail orders back, i'm still waiting.
 #92397  by tcsned

USBLUES wrote:Anyone get mail orders back, i'm still waiting.
It's been my experience that they don't send tickets out until 3 or 4 weeks before the show.
 #92996  by vwjodyme

Has anyone ever been denied mail order due to demand? Just wondering how long it takes before they send you it back...it's a lot to have hanging out there without knowing if i'm getting tix.

ps. everyone see the thing GD sent out earlier on FB about bobby playing with the marin symphony...looks sweeeet :cool:
 #93012  by myoung6923

I have gotten them and other times not gotten them. Last time I didn't get the tickets until the week before the show. It's miserable waiting and wondering while you are still out of pocket a bunch of money...
 #93013  by Cmnaround

vwjodyme wrote:Has anyone ever been denied mail order due to demand? Just wondering how long it takes before they send you it back...it's a lot to have hanging out there without knowing if i'm getting tix.

ps. everyone see the thing GD sent out earlier on FB about bobby playing with the marin symphony...looks sweeeet :cool:
Compliments of the most excellent Dead news feed on RuKind:

Bob Weir will perform with the Marin Symphony Orchestra on May 7. The performance—which was delayed from this fall—will take place San Rafael, CA’s Marin Center. The show will focus on the music of the Grateful Dead and will feature appearances by Weir’s RatDog band mates Jeff Chimenti, Jay Lane, Robin Sylvester and Rob Wasserman.“This is completely different,” Weir said in a statement. “For one thing, part of what makes this interesting is that’s not just going to be an orchestra playing Grateful Dead songs. I’m going to be playing too, along with Jeff Chimenti, Jay Lane , Robin Sylvester, Rob Wasserman and some other guys, and there’s going to be real interaction between the symphony and us.” Pre-sale tickets will be available January 31 via www.gdtstoo.com,. The public on-sale will begin February 4 and will be available through the Marin Center Box Office (11am-4pm PT, 415-499-6800) as well as through www.ticketmaster.com.
 #93016  by Octal

I was looking at some of the Livenation ticket prices. $70!? My experience with GDTSOO is very limited, is it discounted at all by not going through a giant corporation?

With a price like that, what's the chance I'm going to get a miracle ticket? 1/10000?
 #93018  by Lunchbox16

I was going to try to get tickets for the Broomfield shows, but the Europe 72 box changed all that. I diverted my would-be concert funds to the box set.
 #93251  by vwjodyme

got my answer--denied :cry: now i just have to find that receipt