When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #9236  by laymedown

Before anyone yells "iTunes!" I do not use an iPod, nor do I want to even consider installing iTunes.

One of my buddies sent me this Vid link

It was cool and all, but afterwards I was reading up on the new Napster. Anyone know if it's any good? I could use a good mp3 serivce. I don't like the itunes 99 cent a track idea. So maybe napster users can tell me how it works before I commit.

#9238  by jck_strw

Whoops, I misread the subject. I thought you were looking to burn mp3s. I had recommended Nero and Toast before I went back and reread the subject. Below still applies though.

Why are you against iTunes? I started using iTunes about a year before I got an iPod (it's better when you have an iPod, cause the integration is slick, but you don't need an iPod). iTunes is sometimes a resource hog, but other than that I have no complaints. It's an excellent app.

#9342  by laymedown

No no, I don't use itunes, I was looking for something better.

#9343  by jck_strw

In order to give you a recommendation, I'd like to kno why you don't like iTunes. Based on why you don't like iTunes, I can give you a recommendation for something else. Price? Convenience? Compatibility with a specific portable music device? Apple hater?

#9344  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I smell an apple hater. I Tunes really is pretty impressive, the newest update with the jukebox looking slide view of album covers is the bomb.