#91655  by Rusty the Scoob

Smutty IPA is one of my all-time favorites. Bud is also growing on me, I used to hate it and prefer Bud Lite but there's a place near my work that sells $7 pitchers of Bud (or Bud Lite) and it's not as bad as I thought.
 #91659  by Mick

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Smutty IPA is one of my all-time favorites. Bud is also growing on me, I used to hate it and prefer Bud Lite but there's a place near my work that sells $7 pitchers of Bud (or Bud Lite) and it's not as bad as I thought.
Bud is great beer when what you want to do is sit around guzzling beer. If you are looking for a "flavor experience", all but the most neophyte beer drinkers will be left completely unsatisfied by a Bud. The problem with Bud Light is it has even less flavor than Bud, and the last thing a Bud needs is less flavor, and it is so watery that I have to drink too many to get any kind of relaxing feeling, so I end up running to the bathroom constantly. Coors light is worse, it just tastes bad, like bad-tasting water. Don't get me started on Corona.
 #91660  by tigerstrat

Trader Joe's Mission Street Pale Ale is about as schwaggy as I like to go... unless it's hot out- then I loves me some Tecate.
 #91662  by Rusty the Scoob

I've been reading good things about all the Trader Joe's beers (and wines, too) but all the ones around me are in dry towns or limited by draconic Mass beer laws. :?

Coors light doesn't bother me... it's mostly flavorless like Bud Light but with a hint of citrus. Miller Light is about the same, too. I really can't see why people prefer one to the other, as long as they're relatively fresh they're all about equal quality IMHO, and work well when I'm watching a football game and nervous-drinking or out working in the yard or something. I'm a pretty big water-drinker so they're a compromise between a beer and a water for me.

I'll drink a Corona if it's handed to me, although it's pretty low on my list, too I have a theory that they load it up with sugar because it makes me hyper and seems to be sticky. Definitely avoid getting it on your hands if you're trying to play.

Really there aren't a lot of beers that I don't like other than anything fruit-flavored or extremely sour Flemish beers. And Yeungling.