#91414  by playingdead

Be interesting to see how your wiring goes ... my new Scott Walker guitar has a buffer, individual tones and volumes for each pickup, and a master volume. Definite volume drop compared to a more standard wiring job.

I'm not sure if that's a characteristic of the Gretsch guitars with that setup to begin with. My Walker has an onboard FET blaster circuit, so I'm able to bring the level up to be comparable with my other guitars, at the expense of some added hiss. Scott has been talking with a bunch of people to try to get this sussed out, including Brad and Steve Kimock, because he runs across the same thing with his stereo guitars.
 #91415  by al.hurst

Yeah, My Ibanez has a high volume then this when they were both stock. I think it is because the pickups are low power. I kinda like lower power pickups because you can turn your amp up louder. IMO the tone is in the tube break-up.
Im not going for EXACTLY a jerry tone just a good jerry inspired, bluesy, twangy low end snappy tone. If that possible?? :D

Really Im looking forward to the versitility of this guitar more than anything!
 #91422  by al.hurst

Mocked up with out the electronics, Im going to do a few more coats of clear too.
 #91428  by JonnyBoy

al.hurst wrote:Bad news guysss....

I snapped off a freaking screw in my tail piece and I haven't painted her yet... how do I get it out?
I guess I should order the real screws instead of cheap Home Depot screws! haha

All the above ideas work, some advice from a seasoned carpenter that works with hardwoods, with small screws even the "expensive" ones, you should pilot the holes with a small bit (about 1/2 the diameter of the screw, even smaller if possible for a good threading)

I will often screw screws directly into wood without pilots, then snap! I get reminded about the reason for pilot holes. I have snapped #3 philips head solid bronze door screws into solid mahogany before, price and quality aside.

The axe looks great, I did something similar to my les paul and I love it. I am waiting for my Waldo buffer and it will be complete.
 #91431  by al.hurst

JonnyBoy wrote:
al.hurst wrote:Bad news guysss....

I snapped off a freaking screw in my tail piece and I haven't painted her yet... how do I get it out?
I guess I should order the real screws instead of cheap Home Depot screws! haha

All the above ideas work, some advice from a seasoned carpenter that works with hardwoods, with small screws even the "expensive" ones, you should pilot the holes with a small bit (about 1/2 the diameter of the screw, even smaller if possible for a good threading)

I will often screw screws directly into wood without pilots, then snap! I get reminded about the reason for pilot holes. I have snapped #3 philips head solid bronze door screws into solid mahogany before, price and quality aside.

The axe looks great, I did something similar to my les paul and I love it. I am waiting for my Waldo buffer and it will be complete.
Well I did have pitot holesss but I think i put to muchh ummphh into screwing it down if you knwo what I mean!

But thanks! I will probably add a buffer in it eventually, but im all out of money and i still have to buy new tuning heads. I wish VWs werent so expensive so I could have money for all new gear!
 #92144  by tastyjams

ah dude, that thing is gonna be so sick once it's done :D I'm excited to see your progress :P