#91331  by lunasparks

gdrfk1990 wrote:Wow it's sweet plays like butter!!! Sounds insane !!
How and where did that opportunity arise? Also, I'm seriously (and I mean really seriously!) contemplating a Moriarty Wolf. Anybody think that's a good idea? :-)
 #91332  by gdrfk1990

This guy in Suffern NY starting selling them....the guy I play with Bought one and told me he wants me to use it for gigs. I am going to take the measurements on the neck etc. and use them for my current gig
 #91338  by TI4-1009

Nice! What are you playing through on that demo?
 #91343  by EMF

Hey fellas, the guitar dealer in Suffern is a friend of mine. his name is Doug and the shop is called Mountaincat Guitars. you can find them on Facebook. he's a good guy

also, if any of you cats are near Stamford, ct, i play bass and am always looking for new blood to jam with.

Eric
 #91351  by mountain Cat Guitars

Hi Folks,My name is Doug Myer and I have a by appointment guitar business in Suffern NY called Mountain Cat Guitars. I have know Matt Moriarty for many years and love his guitars. I was a guitar dealer for almost 20 years in New York City, I moved to Suffern to start this business.Matt will be leaving his guitars at my place for people to demo. He will be getting me all of his models in the next few months. I am getting a wolf in a few weeks, A tiger is available to demo but a friend owns it, but I can use it as a demo until another one arrives.They are amazing guitars. My website is mountaincatguitars.com.I hope this is not breaking any forum rules, I am new to this forum but my friend told me about this thread. Happy Holidays!!
 #91352  by gdrfk1990

If the wife says it's ok then go for it they play and sound great it takes a bit getting used to the 24 fret but I like it I am going to make an attempt at 24 frets on the current build. the craftsmanship on the moriarty is just sublime the hand carving and the layered wood etc. the attention to detail is just right on. When I can afford it I am going for it. It's also going to be cool having one to play hold and look at while working on mine. I am going to keep my slightly different shape and certain other design differences but am going to try the hand carving and the 25 1/2 " scale length with 24 frets as well as the obel on the current build I have the next 10 days off so I am going to do at least the routing and some bady shaping
 #91353  by lunasparks

gdrfk1990 wrote:If the wife says it's ok then go for it they play and sound great it takes a bit getting used to the 24 fret but I like it I am going to make an attempt at 24 frets on the current build. the craftsmanship on the moriarty is just sublime the hand carving and the layered wood etc. the attention to detail is just right on. When I can afford it I am going for it. It's also going to be cool having one to play hold and look at while working on mine. I am going to keep my slightly different shape and certain other design differences but am going to try the hand carving and the 25 1/2 " scale length with 24 frets as well as the obel on the current build I have the next 10 days off so I am going to do at least the routing and some bady shaping
Sounds like a great project. Don't forget to keep us updated with pics!

And now it's time to open Santa's workshop for business....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All :cool:
 #91360  by Emoto

What kind of price range are the Moriarty Wolf guitars?
 #91362  by hogan

Emoto wrote:What kind of price range are the Moriarty Wolf guitars?
full replicas are $6500.