rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #90600  by Counterstriker
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 pm
Just Ordered my Carvin DC-145! after about a year and a half of saving of selling old effects.. mowing lawns.. selling my vantage I finally made enough cash!

$ 0.00 - - - Fixed Bridge w/ Strings Through Body
$ 20.00 - 32 - Two Coil Splitting Switches
$ 10.00 - 36 - Add Phase Switch
$ 0.00 - -CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -MA - Maple Neck/Alder Body (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -PH - Headstock To Match Plain Wood Body Color (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -IN - Inline Headstock (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -EB - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)
$ 80.00 - AB - Abalone Block Inlays
$ 0.00 - -FR - Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -R12 - 12in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
$ 40.00 - RB - Rounded Body Sides
$ 0.00 - -CH - Chrome Hardware (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -C22B - C22B Bridge Pickup (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -C22J - C22J Neck Pickup (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -400 - Black Coils w/ Black Bezels (Standard)
$ 0.00 - WL - White Logo
$ 0.00 - -46 - Elixir 1046E Light Gauge .010 - .046 (Standard)
$ 0.00 - HC11S - Form-Fitted ABS Hardshell Case FREE


I didn't go all out but I got everything I wanted! :-) I"m pretty pumped! Can't wait to get it!

I put down teh 20% deposit so hopefully it starts being made soon! To any other Carvin users? could I hear a clip of what the AP11 sounds like?

Thanks!! :smile: :smile:
 #90606  by brutusbuck45
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:32 pm
Yea... sound's like you need to call. Do it ASAP- before the build starts. The AAAA Quilt is about $160. Get it right from the start or it will cost you even more. Also- you didn't want the 5 pc neck?
 #90607  by Counterstriker
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 pm
I don't understand.. I called them. but it was confusing. When you are ordering the guitar it says Quilted Maple -

So I thought It was free. I hit next and see that there is a clear gloss finish for the whole guitar so I thought that would include the quilted maple. I called them and they said it costs 250?
 #90609  by brutusbuck45
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Counterstriker wrote:I don't understand.. I called them. but it was confusing. When you are ordering the guitar it says Quilted Maple -

So I thought It was free. I hit next and see that there is a clear gloss finish for the whole guitar so I thought that would include the quilted maple. I called them and they said it costs 250?

Ahh.. yea.... $250. That sounds more like it. Dude, the 145 with walnut body, AAAA Quilt and 5 pc neck was about 1350. What you have looks like about 1050. Yes?
 #90611  by Counterstriker
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 pm
Just talked to them! got everything changed! thanks god! Thank you soo much man! If you didn't send me that picture I would have never even noticed until I got it! Talked to the guy on the phone.. major help and super friendly!

Thanks again!

I have the Quilted maple with the clear finish!
 #90614  by brutusbuck45
 Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Very awesome, man! I didn't think that's what you were talking about... and kinda why I found a GIS photo to post. Glad it helped!
 #90623  by bpg21
 Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:39 am
I think the quilted maple top is no extra charge on the DC 400 but not the DC145. When you do the math between the two models, it all comes out even in the end.
 #90628  by JonnyBoy
 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:31 am
Very cool CS, happy holidays to you, now you can ask for all the accessories for gifts this season, good timing. I hope it helps you get chicks and gigs. You've put a lot of time into all this, its time you got a special made, custom guitar that's all your own! Congrats, JB
 #90670  by monroe
 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm
Sweet! Looks like yours and mine have very similar specs. I got my card a few weeks ago. Due date is 1/12 ... Dang I can't wait! Glad you got the quilt worked out.

Something else I became aware of. According to what they told me, they will automatically charge whatever card you used for the 20% deposit when the guitar is finished. In my case, I used my debit card, so I want to be sure I have enough cash in my account to cover the other 80%. I asked Carvin, and they said they could mark the account so that they'd notify me and not charge the card until I say so. Just a heads up if you used a debit card....
 #90673  by Counterstriker
 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:44 pm
Awsome! when did you order yours monroe? just to give me a time guess!

I can't wait to get it!

I know this has been discussed many times, but how does the neck feel compared to say.. a Fender Strat, Prs, or SG. (Guitars I've played.

I was told it's kind of inbetween a Fat Gibson C shape and a flat ibanez neck, is this true?