Place for the rest of the music
 #90593  by JonnyBoy

A great acoustic player in town, quite a showman, I got to meet up with him and run through a bunch of acoustic Dead tunes. I also see what Jerry means about chops on an acoustic versus an electric... you gotta practice both to get the feel back. Anyway, It was fun to jam with him and he also records his shows, so I thought I finally have something to show the community.

If that craps out you can get there with this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Plezy1#p/u
 #90602  by JonnyBoy

Thanks my friends, I am a little rusty on the acoustic relative to the electric, but this was an informal thing, a lot of fun too. Don't have to mess with rigs and gear!! He was testing out his new recording equipment, so I got some free footage :smile:.

TJ- I was taken back when he started singing that too, it fits the theme down here in the swamp.
 #90612  by Billbbill

Nice pickin' jb! And a 2 camera shoot! Cool. I can only dream of getting a nice video of us - evidently...
 #90624  by Bobbyg

TJ- I was taken back when he started singing that too, it fits the theme down here in the swamp.[/quote]

Sounds great....yes, Willie Nelson sang that verse when he played GDTRFB with the Dead....or maybe it was cornbread and beer.
 #90625  by tcsned

Bobbyg wrote:TJ- I was taken back when he started singing that too, it fits the theme down here in the swamp.
Sounds great....yes, Willie Nelson sang that verse when he played GDTRFB with the Dead....or maybe it was cornbread and beer.[/quote]

We do some of those other verses when we play the tune. Bill Monroe's "Lonesome Road Blues" which is very similar to Woody Guthrie's "Going Down the Road Feelin' Bad" has the verse:
"Feed me on cornbread and beans . . ."
 #90665  by joethepainter

JonnyBoy wrote:...run through a bunch of acoustic Dead tunes.
Hi Johnnyboy, hey first of all, you sound fucking good, your chops shine thru, even on acoustic :-) , and not to bust balls or anything, but GDTRFB is technically a song the boys covered...just sayin'... 8)
 #90668  by tcsned

joethepainter wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:...run through a bunch of acoustic Dead tunes.
Hi Johnnyboy, hey first of all, you sound fucking good, your chops shine thru, even on acoustic :-) , and not to bust balls or anything, but GDTRFB is technically a song the boys covered...just sayin'... 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #90680  by JonnyBoy

Tennessee Jedi wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:

You the singer ? Do back ups ?

I play lead and do back ups, on that demo I didn't get to do any vocals, I was still a little shy singing with these guys as it was my second month playing with them. Since then, I am singing on everything, back ups mostly, and I do lead vox on Around and Round, West LA, and the oooooooooo's on Shakedown :lol:. I have been coming into my own with my voice once I discovered a good mic and some compression/effects goes a long way, and especially confidence (about 90% of it)!!

BILL->
Will (the singer) had 3 cameras set up, an ipod 4, and two flip cameras. he said you can get them on sale at radio shack for $120 right now and they are great, The sound was a matrix of SB and AUD from the ipod. That Ipod has a good camera on it he says.

Thanks for all your support, I can be kinda shy sharing my music, if only I could do that with my mouth and thoughts, especially around here..... :lol: