#89835  by Emoto

Fro $475 he can have it. :roll:
 #89847  by bdhact1

Make reasonable offer to him. That is just the asking price. People usually negotiate.
 #89849  by Emoto

bdhact1 wrote:Make reasonable offer to him. That is just the asking price. People usually negotiate.
I'll pass. My Qtron+ is pretty good; I don't need to spend a bunch of $$$ on a 30 year old gizmo.
 #89879  by jerrys.kids

i run the q-tron myself and have it pretty dialed(for now), and like it a bunch. looks like it's it in decent shape. thought it might be of interest?
 #89880  by Emoto

jerrys.kids wrote:i run the q-tron myself and have it pretty dialed(for now), and like it a bunch. looks like it's it in decent shape. thought it might be of interest?
Oh, I'm sure someone will want it. This IS the place. Fascinating that the asking price was as much as it is.
 #89882  by jerrys.kids

payed the same for my amp. :lol: hey some people need cash pretty bad, not my fault..... :cool:
 #89889  by myoung6923

My Q Tron just blew itself up this weekend - had to scramble and get a Q Tron plus for he next day's gig.

Th Q Tron sounds great - the MuTron might be slightly better - but the difference in cost is just not worth it
 #89911  by keirweir

myoung6923 wrote:My Q Tron just blew itself up this weekend - had to scramble and get a Q Tron plus for he next day's gig.

Th Q Tron sounds great - the MuTron might be slightly better - but the difference in cost is just not worth it
I wish I had remembered you had a gig Saturday night, I would have let you borrow mine for Copperfields.

How do you like the Q plus?
 #89919  by tigerstrat

myoung6923 wrote:My Q Tron just blew itself up this weekend
How the heck?!? Do you know the cause?
 #89922  by JonnyBoy

Happened to mine. open the back cover and check the electrolytic AC filter cap. was an 89c fix from radio shack. That is if you heard a pop and then saw some smoke. There are only a few electrolytic caps in there, look to see if the tops are busted open or rounded over rather than flat, or just plain exploded. :cool:
 #89926  by Pete B.

JonnyBoy wrote: ...That is if you heard a pop and then saw some smoke... :cool:
Yeah you're not supposed to let the smoke out of 'em. :wink:

fwiw, I think $475-ish is the going rate.
That one is a Steve Kimock model (built in AC cord).
 #89927  by myoung6923

tigerstrat wrote:How the heck?!? Do you know the cause?
No - it was during Dancin' - toward the end of the song all of a sudden no signal. Bypassed the loop - got signal. Turned off Q Tron - got signal. Q Tron on - no signal.

Very strange. Maybe it was just fed up with Dancin'!
 #89935  by jerrys.kids

great show btw mike, and scoob. the place was packed... had to sit down at one point. i think i prob felt like your Q tron felt....... smoked :D
 #89936  by myoung6923

jerrys.kids wrote:great show btw mike, and scoob. the place was packed... had to sit down at one point. i think i prob felt like your Q tron felt....... smoked :D
Thanks bro! You should have come up & said hello!

The place was a zoo - my kind of zoo that is...