#89753  by 14strings

Howdy

I've been reading these pages for a while. Lots of great info. Just thought I'd point out a fine amp for Jerry like clean Fender tones.

The Carr Rambler.

Dead quiet; superb sounding reverb. 6L6's.

It has sweet 3D tones and good clean headroom for smaller venues but it's mid control is very powerful in shaping it from blackface to tweed. Also it can switch from 15 watts to 28 so great for a Jer bedroom rig too :)

Handles pedals fantastically but to be honest my favorite way to play these days is straight in. Of course certain tunes require the 'ol envelope filter ;)

But for pure high end clean Fender like tones it's a fantastic amp.Picture a Deluxe Reissue with more headroom and superb three dimensional quality tone.Talk is cheap but the Rambler aint. $2,400 street price.
 #89756  by rugger

I've seen demos of this amp and immediately fell in love with the tone. To me, it's just what an amp should sound like. That being said, there are lots of great amps out there. This isn't a direct comparison, but have you heard the Crema Wheat? It's a modified Tweed Deluxe with a better price point than the Rambler. I want one of these also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1AOlkabwo

John in San Diego
 #89788  by brbadg

I knew this wasn't gonna be easy as I have half my cash saved up for a Category 5 Ivan.Keep sending in those amp suggestions!
I must look away now!