Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#89407  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:37 pm
hey rusty,

probably should state in future lessons something in regards to FAIR USE ~ EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. don't know if you used a studio recording in that video, but try using an audience version if needed.

check this out.

#89408  by Rusty the Scoob
 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 pm
??? Plays fine on my end. I used an edit from a DP, burned to CD and played on a cheap boombox set on top of my practice amp with the audio picked up from my webcam. How would they ever know that? Or care?
 #89410  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 pm
nope it got blocked on this end. maybe you need to refresh, but it is still blocked by WMG (Warner Music Group).

#89413  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 am
That's weird, it looks just fine on My Channel page, but when I log out it shows as blocked. It must be because I had "Weir/Barlow" in the description. Oops, I should have watched Waldo's video, I deleted the video instead. Re-uploading now without the Weir/Barlow and with Waldo's disclaimer.
 #89437  by Lunchbox16
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 am
Another solid video Rusty. The chording section and the whole tone scale really help to explain things. You're a life saver, or in the very least a hair saver, as now I no longer need to pull it out working on some of these songs.

By the way, love the L*E*S*H shirt from the estimated video.
 #89443  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 am
Thanks! I bought that shirt here, I think... a guy was selling them a couple of years ago. Found it on the top of the clean laundry pile and it seemed like fate. :lol:

These videos are fun to make! I'm addicted. Especially now that I'm done pulling my own hair out to get that red bass back together for Friday's gig.