rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #89036  by tigerstrat
 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 am
Do the controls go down to zero on RI's?
 #89254  by Bear62
 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 pm
Kudos to Keir & Waldo-

I have always had TUNING issues w/ my Resurrection guitar (Chicago weather)...... To make a long story short I have isolated two recent changes (In addition to a complete setup by RiceCustom Guitars who are wonderful people and techs) that made HUGE improvements:

1) Change from CAE CB-1 to Waldo sm buffer- Just a way stronger signal to my rack tuner. Even my passive PU guitars sent a better signal.

2) Keirs recommendation- Elixir Nanos. 11-49. Tuned right up and stayed there. Sound great too!

My $.02

Gregg
 #89290  by tcsned
 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:23 pm
I ordered a TPC1sm today for my new guitar - can't wait to get it up an running!
 #89331  by waldo041
 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 am
tcsned wrote:I ordered a TPC1sm today for my new guitar - can't wait to get it up an running!
shipped out today!

peace,
waldo
 #89335  by hogan
 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:13 pm
Bear62 wrote:Kudos to Keir & Waldo-

I have always had TUNING issues w/ my Resurrection guitar (Chicago weather)...... To make a long story short I have isolated two recent changes (In addition to a complete setup by RiceCustom Guitars who are wonderful people and techs) that made HUGE improvements:

1) Change from CAE CB-1 to Waldo sm buffer- Just a way stronger signal to my rack tuner. Even my passive PU guitars sent a better signal.


Gregg
Unless there was something wrong w/ the CB-1, that claim is just not possible. A cb-1 runs at unity gain and waldo's runs just shy of unity. If anything the cb-1 has a hotter output, marginally, but hotter.
 #89336  by tcsned
 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm
waldo041 wrote:
tcsned wrote:I ordered a TPC1sm today for my new guitar - can't wait to get it up an running!
shipped out today!

peace,
waldo
Woo-hoo! The guitar is getting routed now!
 #89337  by tigerstrat
 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:51 pm
hogan wrote:
Bear62 wrote:Kudos to Keir & Waldo-

I have always had TUNING issues w/ my Resurrection guitar (Chicago weather)...... To make a long story short I have isolated two recent changes (In addition to a complete setup by RiceCustom Guitars who are wonderful people and techs) that made HUGE improvements:

1) Change from CAE CB-1 to Waldo sm buffer- Just a way stronger signal to my rack tuner. Even my passive PU guitars sent a better signal.


Gregg
Unless there was something wrong w/ the CB-1, that claim is just not possible. A cb-1 runs at unity gain and waldo's runs just shy of unity. If anything the cb-1 has a hotter output, marginally, but hotter.
agreed, it wouldn't be a "hotter"* signal, but the word "stronger" could probably be interpreted other ways, (like "better"? "cleaner"?, or perhaps "nicer high-end", etc.)
 #89381  by Bear62
 Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:39 am
Agreed, Hotter is not the right term here. Sends a more stable signal to my Korg rack tuner, sounds better clean and w/ pedals and seems retain more of the guitar's own sound and depth!
 #89453  by tcsned
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm
tcsned wrote:
waldo041 wrote:
tcsned wrote:I ordered a TPC1sm today for my new guitar - can't wait to get it up an running!
shipped out today!

peace,
waldo
Woo-hoo! The guitar is getting routed now!
Arrived today - Thanks!!!!
 #89462  by waldo041
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 pm
tcsned wrote: Arrived today - Thanks!!!!
looking forward to hearing it!

peace,
waldo
 #89743  by Scarlet
 Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 am
Wow, that sounds really authentic.
What is the guitar exactly?
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8