#89097  by dleonard

It seems that all the previous talk about tone pot adjusting has been to "roll off" it a bit. When I have my strat plugged into an amp with treble up, bass down, and mids up, the only time it gets sounding like it should is when i have the tone pots adjusted to like 8-9. Can anyone clarify? It seems to me that the Garcia sound relies on the the pots being wide open. It sounds especially like that when I listen to Mattson as well.
 #89099  by schmidtz

I find on my strat I get the best sounds out of the middle when I have it running wide open, but the bridge gets to brittle so I turn it to like 7-8.
 #89112  by tigerstrat

Not sure what there is to clarify, perhaps its just differing opinion.
 #89116  by dleonard

clarification on...most ive read on here saying to roll off the tone on your tone pots, and it doesnt sound good
 #89125  by tigerstrat

I do minor adjustments fairly frequently, mostly in the middle 50% of the throw. Using a polypropylene .022 on a 500k linear pot, universal to all 3 pups.
 #89128  by mijknahs

I roll off the tone a little bit sometimes. Usually it's all the way on or all the way off (with distortion) but sometimes I like to roll off just a bit. Depends of if your rig is too bright or not.

Jim
 #89132  by bdhact1

Sweet spot about 85 % with my rig