When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #8778  by shakedown_04092

Anyone going to the show tonight @ Great Woods (aka the Tweeter Center....but I don't call it that...F coporate spons"whore"ship!)

Headed down with a couple of cars, figured I'd see if there are any kind heads going from the forum.

Can't wait. Entire 2nd set is going to consist of The Dark Side of The Moon album in its entirety! WhoooO!

Peace,

Ben

#8820  by LazyLightnin

saw Waters in 99 here in cleveland. he started with darkside played thru till GGITS then busted out Animals..played it all except sheep, then finished DOTM then encored with comfortably numb and run like hell. great show.

#8823  by shakedown_04092

SICK SHOW last night. What a production...one of the finest I've ever seen.

Set I:

In The Flesh
Mother
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southhampton Dock
Fletcher Memorial Home
It All Makes Perfect Sense To Me, Part 1 & 2
Sheep

Set II:

Breathe >
Time >
Great Gig In The Sky >
Money >
Us & Them >
Any Colour You Like >
Brain Damage >
Eclipse

Encore:

Happiest Days Of Our Lives
Another Brick In The Wall
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

I'm going to go back to bed now....my head hurts.

AWESOME SHOW! If you get a cahnce to go, don't miss it.

#8843  by CaptainTrips

Very interesting set list!

I love opening shows with In the Flesh, its great for that purpose. And Rog loves playin Set the Controls although its not one of my favorites. But one main difference between seeing Rog and seeing Dave is that Dave wont play Vera or Bring the Boys Back Home as an encore, thats ballsy. Thats kind of like the Dead encoring with something like Unbroken Chain or Pride of Cucamunga. Real rarities.

#8845  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Wow. That show sounds like it was insane. I may just have to take my anniversary vacation to California this year and see him at Shoreline in October. How was the Dark Side stuff that Gilmore would sing? Did Roger sing it? I was one of the lucky few out in Utah in "97 at the Tweeter Cetner when Phish busted out the whole album out of Harpua. it was great in all, but I still have nightmares of Fishman howling Great Gig In The Sky.

#8923  by d-v-s

shakedown,
i was lucky enough to catch Waters here in istanbul this year, round the end of june. First time ever for Waters, Gilmore, or Floyd to play in Turkey. The place was electric with excitement. Looks like he played the same sets here - probably warm-ups for the big shows in the states.

Only difference I saw was a tune he played in the first set called "leaving beirut," which he squeezed in between "perfect sense" and "sheep," all about him breaking down in lebanon and being taken care of by a local family. think he said it was off his new album.

fantastic show :cool:

#8924  by Benthegoodbum

I love the song Fletcher Memorial Home...what a gem to see live. I've seen the Aussie Pink Floyd band, they really kick some ass musically but I'm sure they are nothing compared to the real deal.