rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#88206  by al.hurst
 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote: It had to be rewired to make it post vol and pre tone, which like Waldo said, is the main point of the OBEL.
To quote Willy Wonka, "Strike that; reverse it." (it should be post-tone, and pre-volume)
SOOOO...
Like I got it :D
 #88305  by gr8fullfred
 Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 pm
Seems to me the hard part is mounting the dual jacks. The rest of it is pretty straight forward (of course I R an electronic technician). I promised my self that when I bought my LP I would not mess with it. Bought a strat for that. Good luck. I will hopefully be completing my buffer/OBEL soon on the Strat.
 #88306  by gr8fullfred
 Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 pm
Pete B,

It is a nice looking guitar with lots of cool features, maybe too many cool features for the price, I wonder what the country of origin is? My guess is that it is not nearly a nice enough guitar for a musician of your caliber :) Fred
 #88309  by tigerstrat
 Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:38 pm
gr8fullfred wrote:Seems to me the hard part is mounting the dual jacks... ...I promised my self that when I bought my LP I would not mess with it.
That's why I recommend getting a cheap control cavity plate and mounting the FX jack in it. Then if/when you want to return the guitar to stock, you just swap the original plate back in.
 #88310  by al.hurst
 Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 pm
Hey tigerstrat,

Could you look over the schem and let me know if its all good?
Im pretty sure it is but just incase!

And, I got a dual jack plate off ebay and just routed out the side to fit it, Its a permanate mod but IFF this works I wont be putting it back to stock. :D