C      Fmaj7/A  Dm           Am7   G  F
Just a dusty    spoke on the wheel of fate

C/E     Dm7 G      C   
What’ll you raise_____
Fmaj7       G      C                    
What’ll you raise_____
Fmaj7	    G      C   								 
What’ll you raise_________
C	   F	        G			                                                      To take my hand
The rest of the verses and choruses follow the same pattern. Here's the Bridge.
Code: Select all
Dm
When there is evil
Dm				                                                                     Go to the  breeze
Am						                                                                 Who can deliver us all
Dm						                                                                 Is there a reaping
Dm						                                                                 Or any safekeeping
Am		      F		                                                                 If not how far can we fall
F          G	  F G   F G		                                                  Far can we fall?
 #88046  by ugly rumor

Does God look down on the boys in the barroom... :cry:
 #88050  by ebick

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I've never even heard of this tune.
I believe it was from the Go To Heaven sessions. Don't search too hard for it.....if ya know what I mean.
 #88051  by jkstraw

I don't mind this tune - mind you i've only heard Hunter do it (6th track on Rock Columbia). In fact I am listening to it as I type this and my 4 year old is diggin' it - has a little groove going.
 #88052  by jkstraw

Ok wow - just heard the dead version.....speechless! I have read about how hunter and Jerry worked to get the tunes out and how they didn't always agree......all I can think is Hunter was right to stand his ground because jerry's take is gawd awful!! :lol: Wow that was a bit of a surprise.
 #88588  by jeffm725

Counterstriker wrote:reminds me of reuben and cherise

In what way? I dont hear that. It would be interesting to just know what about it reminds you of Reuben because now I will proabably think of Reuben everytime I hear it ! :-). Tempo? Changes? To me the only similarity is maybe in the Vocal recording methods, but In my opinion Reuben is a Masterpiece and What'll you raise, not so much.
 #88596  by jkstraw

jeffm725 wrote:

In what way? I dont hear that. It would be interesting to just know what about it reminds you of Reuben because now I will probably think of Reuben every time I hear it ! :-). Tempo? Changes? To me the only similarity is maybe in the Vocal recording methods, but In my opinion Reuben is a Masterpiece and What'll you raise, not so much.
Maybe in that Hunter's versions of both are much better IMHO :smile:

When I saw Counterstriker's post this is what I thought he meant...only because it's how I see it I am sure! Hunter kills Rubin and Cherise - I've been to a couple of his shows where he rips it and it's pure magic. I didn't even hear the dead do it until a few years later (via tape) and it was a let down for sure. Through I have grown to enjoy their version to.
 #103947  by Cmnaround

jeffm725 wrote:

In what way? I dont hear that. It would be interesting to just know what about it reminds you of Reuben because now I will proabably think of Reuben everytime I hear it ! :-). Tempo? Changes? To me the only similarity is maybe in the Vocal recording methods, but In my opinion Reuben is a Masterpiece and What'll you raise, not so much.
Sounds like Reuben and cherise to me - heard it for the first time on Sirius the other day. You can hear a 30 sec chunk on the iTunes preview. The part right after the chorus and before the verses and before the solo the music hangs on this repeating motif that sounds remarkably similar to the part in Reuben and cherise near the end where Jerry stretches out and takes the song into the end jam. The overall chord phrasing is what makes it sound similar.
 #103949  by Lunchbox16

The main difference being that Reuben & Cherise is a great song and What'll You Raise is terrible?

I reach for the dial every time it comes on XM.

YMMV.
 #132063  by easytoslip

Lunchbox16 wrote:The main difference being that Reuben & Cherise is a great song and What'll You Raise is terrible?

I reach for the dial every time it comes on XM.

YMMV.
Literally means "Your mileage may vary" but is often used in forum talk meaning that your results will vary edit to add source: urban dictionary search of ymmv