rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #87524  by jdsmodulus
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 am
Well thesse are being sold on Ebay, They come in different colors for your "Garcia" guitar. I say FAIL but what do I know I thought someone here might want them. They are pretty inexpensive. I have also seen Fake Ibanez Vines. I have heard that the PRS birds stickers work well and you cant tell that they are there. 2 cents.
 #87527  by waldo041
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:17 am
jdsmodulus wrote:Well thesse are being sold on Ebay, They come in different colors for your "Garcia" guitar. I say FAIL but what do I know I thought someone here might want them. They are pretty inexpensive. I have also seen Fake Ibanez Vines. I have heard that the PRS birds stickers work well and you cant tell that they are there. 2 cents.
Link FAIL! LOL :lol:
peace,
waldo
 #87537  by vwjodyme
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 am
I always wondered about these. Do you think they could actually harm a guitar or screw anything up? Would be kinda of fun to throw on my sg--if i knew they could peel right off without hurting anything--could trick my buds into thinking i just dropped some big cash for garcia inlays :lol:
 #87546  by strumminsix
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 am
I think it's interesting. What has me the most now is the dots. My Mody's side markers are really tough to see on dim stages.
 #87547  by waldo041
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 am
upon furthur examination, the first 1 is correct the 2nd is close and the others are something different.

peace,
waldo
 #87563  by jackr
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 pm
I think that is a pretty cool idea. Just wonder what would happen when you go to clean or condition the fretboard.
 #87564  by tcsned
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm
jackr wrote:I think that is a pretty cool idea. Just wonder what would happen when you go to clean or condition the fretboard.
lol - I wouldn't use steel wool on them
 #87565  by strumminsix
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm
jackr wrote:I think that is a pretty cool idea. Just wonder what would happen when you go to clean or condition the fretboard.
One of their says lemon oil will not take off.
 #87568  by erock
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:11 pm
I'm going to pull the trigger on these on friday. I have heard from other people they are great, and you can tell they are on.

Once I get them, I'll post a full review. Kind of a poor man's inlay
 #87574  by Mandoborg
 Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 pm
I'm thinking about buying a set of the fingerboard markers to stick onto my .050 shell blanks before cutting !!
You can never have too many inlay patterns kicking around !!!

:lol:

Strumminsix, what size are your side dots ?? A neat trick i do on Rosewood and Ebony fingerboards w/o binding is to use Aluminum rod . Drill yours out, if applicable, and put the aluminum in.......When light hits those, they light up like a little LED's, and you don't need much light at all to do it........... Stole that out of PRS' book !!
 #87605  by strumminsix
 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 am
Mandoborg wrote:Strumminsix, what size are your side dots ?? A neat trick i do on Rosewood and Ebony fingerboards w/o binding is to use Aluminum rod . Drill yours out, if applicable, and put the aluminum in.......When light hits those, they light up like a little LED's, and you don't need much light at all to do it........... Stole that out of PRS' book !!
Smallest I've ever had :lol: Can't say exactly right now but have to say that I'm a bit wary of any permanent modifications to a Modulus.
 #87611  by jackr
 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:43 am
erock wrote: Once I get them, I'll post a full review. Kind of a poor man's inlay
Looking forward to your review. He's got a lot of cool stuff, but I figured you can be the guinea pig before I pull the trigger.