name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #87243  by postguitars

Hey Everyone, this is Troy over at Post guitars in VA. I got into the Dead through my step dad about the same time I started playing guitar when I was 12. Jerry's playing hit me heavy since he left us right as I was getting really into it and wanting to see my first show. Jerry became a magical and unobtainable pressence to me. Back then I thaught he played some obscure brand of guitar and when the internet hit I learned that they were amazing customs which were unlike anything out there. This inspired me learn more about the custom guitar world and while in high school I started building guitars with similar designs. I have been a frequent visitor to this site and already know many of you and look forward to meeting many more. I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing both their technical and musical know how. All the Best! -Troy Post
 #87245  by JonnyBoy

Finally! I was wondering if you were around here incognito. I know you can add a lot to the discussions. Welcome! :cool:
 #87250  by erock

Welcome Troy,
I think you can save money on ebay's postings, and just start selling your guitars right here!

I know I drool over everyone you post when they are on ebay. Now I just need my wife to think the same way :cool:
 #87261  by tcsned

Troy, welcome from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mts in Blacksburg. Are you in the C-ville area? If so, I won't hold it against you here in Hokie country :lol:

We've all been admiring your work, it's good to have you on board here. Drop me a line if you're ever in the area.
 #87263  by Billbbill

Hey Troy!
Great to see you finally getting into the fray!

For any who haven't seen it here's the item I got from troy.

here's a clip of scarlet at a gig last month with this gitbox

http://www.archive.org/download/sbb2010 ... d02t05.mp3

I'm still working on dialing in the tone as I want it but with this guitar I know I'm within reach!

Thanks troy!

I should say in the interest of full disclosure I've had a minor issue come up and troy has been most gracious offering to pay for a local luthier to take a look at the guitar (I'm in NY and he's in VA) or even swapping it out for the guitar he's about to finish. He absolutely stands by his work and is willing to bend over backwards to make things right.
 #87269  by Chuckles

Hey Troy! Yes, nice to see you posting here!

I finally got around to uploading pics to Photobucket, so those who either didn't or couldn't (?) see them on FB can see my Post guitar here. I am absolutely in love with this piece of art. Not a replica, but has all the right guts (including Waldo's buffer) and I just sit staring at the beautiful woods on this piece of art... when I'm not obscenely fondling it :shock: .

First gig playing "Wally" is this Saturday, so clips will be posted forthwith. I'm really happy with the tone I've been able to dial in, and it plays like a dream!

And, I'll second Bill's high regard for Troy; he's just a super-nice guy and a great guy to deal with.
:smile:
 #87932  by gr8fulbluz

Cheerio!
I have to check the welcome wagon more often.
Looking at your website is really fun, such nice toys. I like.

Welcome!