Chat about Equipment Info
 #87229  by USBLUES

what kind of router do you use to route out the middle pickup on an Ibanez Musician? I have a regular sized router and it looks like it will be too big and hit the neck or bridge. Is there a jig or smaller router you guys use on guitars?
 #87230  by Tennessee Jedi

USBLUES wrote:what kind of router do you use to route out the middle pickup on an Ibanez Musician? I have a regular sized router and it looks like it will be too big and hit the neck or bridge. Is there a jig or smaller router you guys use on guitars?
http://www.9mileskid.com/
This guy is rehabbing my Musician.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=9041
His name is Brian - he would give you advice.
:smile:
 #87275  by USBLUES

Thanks for both links T-Jedi, I sent Brian a message, his work looks awesome, I love that Jerry-Strat on his site. Also I'm gonna be watching your build very closely, with the exception of the single coil i want to do that same stuff.
 #87309  by USBLUES

Got a reply from Brian, nice guy, he said he made a jig out of partical board. Sounds easy but time consuming, it will be the route i'm going
 #87312  by jeffm725

USBlues...
I did mine myself (and I suck at woodworking) and I didnt even use a real router. I used a Router attachment rig for a Dremel. Maybe that actually worked in my favor as a Dremel based router is not as powerful as a regular one and I was able to pretty much keep things in between the lines.

Because the standard musician pickups are HUGE compared to super 2's once you take them out of the Ibby you will realize that you dont have as much routing to do as you think.
Also remember that everything you do is going to be covered by pickups and a ring, so you dont have to be a master craftsman here either.
 #87313  by Tennessee Jedi

jeffm725 wrote:USBlues...
Also remember that everything you do is going to be covered by pickups and a ring, so you dont have to be a master craftsman here either.
 #87331  by jkstraw

USBLUES wrote:it will be the route i'm going
Tell me that was a pun? :lol: I hope you'll take lots of pictures along the way. I'd be really interested in seeing how the project progresses. Good luck!
 #87332  by USBLUES

That was a pun, busted :P

I will take pictures, the biggest problem is committing to breaking it down because i know i won't be able to play it for a long time, and since that last email about the dremel, i now want to go that route!!!!
 #87342  by jeffm725

only 30 bucks at your local home depot

#87364  by USBLUES

Been digging around but just can't find it, what kind of coil tap switch do i want for a rosebud wired guitar DPDT On On Mini Switch, or On Off On Mini? im thinking on on
 #87383  by USBLUES

Stripped her down last night and took allot of pics, tried to post but couldn't figure it out :D and ive done it before, but whatever

One thing was the Shaller bridge was a little loose, is that normal and shoudl i just tighten the screws? Also +1 on the pickups being huge! theres almost no neck left under those things, once i figure out how to post pics I will start a new thread in guitar building/modding.

I have two super II's and i'm gonna buy a dual sound for the middle, what do ya think of that setup? Super II's bridge and neck, dual sound in the middle.
 #87390  by JonnyBoy

USBLUES wrote:Been digging around but just can't find it, what kind of coil tap switch do i want for a rosebud wired guitar DPDT On On Mini Switch, or On Off On Mini? im thinking on on

DPDT