#86930  by gdrfk1990

Can this amp be modified to sound more like a Twin ? I just got the Deluxe Reverb Reissue and now have this one sitting around not sure what to do with it should I hold on to it or just sell it on ebay and pick up some new gear with the cash ?
 #86990  by gdrfk1990

how about this anyone seen this what do you guys think ? I have to take a look if it is made in the USA I am never selling it can these amps be modded to get the vintage sound how about the Blues Jr.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Blues-DeVill ... 2a0579e8cd

Unleash the tone of your Blues DeVille 2x12 or 4x10 combo. This kit works for the original Blues DeVille, if you have the new reissue Blues DeVille please see my listing for that amp. The Blues DeVille in its short life has received a lot of acclaim, it sounds good and is pretty reliable, other than a couple common problems. After these mods your amp will sound fantastic and be more reliable. The classic Fender tone is released through these changes. The flabby bottom darkness is gone, what you get is full warm classic tone with nice top end sparkle. Complete kit with detailed instruction book with photo's includes all the following mods. This Mod kit is for the original Made in USA version.

Please Note: For the best improvements in the tone and reliability of your amplifier, we recommend that you purchase both the "Recap Kit" and "Complete Kit" that we offer separately (or together in the "Supreme Mod Kit"). These kits upgrade your amplifier in unique ways and none of the parts are duplicated between the "Recap Kit" and "Complete Kit."
 #86991  by gdrfk1990

Thes are the mods for the complete kit

Tone Stack - Get rid of that farty bottom, honky mids, and lack of clarity. High Quality Sprague Orange Drop Caps with corrected values for the Bass and Mid Cap and corrected value for the slope resistor. What about the Treble cap? replace the cheap ceramic cap with a high quality Silver Mica cap. The result is an amp that sounds huge and warm with nice top end sparkle, not dark and buried in the mix.

Twin Mod - Fix the mids on the amp and get rid of that flabby bottom. This mod enables you to take all the mids out of the tone allowing more flexibility and versatility. This is accomplished with just a short jumper wire but the result is far better control of your tone.

Brightness - Like to play at low volumes but find the amp too dark? The brightness mod adds sparkle to your tone at low volumes. As you turn your amp up the brightness mod loses its effect so the amp never sounds brittle at high volumes.

Power Resistors- Many problems with the Hot Rod Deluxe, especially the older ones are from the power resistors that control switching. Two new power resistors installed properly will avoid many problems down the road.

Plate Load Resistors - Replace all the plate load resistors with 5% 1/2 Carbon Comp resistors. This amp can develop a loud crackle/static that is caused by the plate load resistors. This mod fixes or prevents this problem and using the same carbon comp resistors found in vintage and boutique amps you add rich harmonic overtones.

Reverb Mod - Why does the reverb in this amp become a complete wash after turning it up past 3 especially at low volumes? This mod makes the reverb more controllable, fuller, and more natural. This is an easy mod that is nothing more than clipping one wire and changing one cap but the result is amazing.

Switchcraft Input Jacks- Your input jacks are soldered directly to the circuit