#86904  by JonnyBoy

never give your love my friend, on to a foolish heart.... Check out the gear in the office, I wonder what else is tucked away in there. Does she still live there? I thought they tore the house apart and sold his toilet? What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.
 #86909  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote:What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.
How can you be so sure? He loved, cared for, and married her. Unless you are calling him an idiot but I can't see somebody marrying a woman who made him cringe.
 #86917  by strumminsix

phpbb wrote:<insert married joke here>
Hey we aren't talking about what happens after folks so "I do"
 #86921  by ebick

and master closet the size of a standard bedroom.
Why do I have this picture of this huge closet filled with black T-Shirts......
 #86923  by lunasparks

I remember reading (maybe Blair book?) that's exactly what it was! A big closet with like 5 black t-shirts hanging in it. Hilarious!
 #86929  by Rusty the Scoob

lunasparks wrote:I remember reading (maybe Blair book?) that's exactly what it was! A big closet with like 5 black t-shirts hanging in it. Hilarious!
I think it's either that or Phil's book. Awesome story! :lol:
 #86987  by mttourpro

FWIW, per a post on ratdog.org, that's not Jerry's house. Poster said it was a house he bought for one of his daughter's Mom. Nice place no doubt.
 #86997  by JonnyBoy

strumminsix wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.
How can you be so sure? He loved, cared for, and married her. Unless you are calling him an idiot but I can't see somebody marrying a woman who made him cringe.

I am sure he loved her as much as an active life long heroin/cocaine addict and part time womanizer could. Don't get me wrong, I love Jerry, but that woman did many things in public that made the world not like her, plus Jerry is, well Jerry is Jerry and had a bad wrap sheet when it came to healthy relationships.

Is Jerry an idiot, well I can say he is an awesome guitarist and knows his music. He is m favorite guitarist and he is of the light not dark. The Dead brought me a lot of happiness and I thank him and the others for that. As for the rest of life and the choices he has made, I wouldn't call him a Rhodes Scholar. 8)
 #86998  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote:
strumminsix wrote:

I am sure he loved her as much as an active life long heroin/cocaine addict and part time womanizer could. Don't get me wrong, I love Jerry, but that woman did many things in public that made the world not like her, plus Jerry is, well Jerry is Jerry and had a bad wrap sheet when it came to healthy relationships.

Is Jerry an idiot, well I can say he is an awesome guitarist and knows his music. He is m favorite guitarist and he is of the light not dark. The Dead brought me a lot of happiness and I thank him and the others for that. As for the rest of life and the choices he has made, I wouldn't call him a Rhodes Scholar. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny and very much agree. I've just seen how love is blind to many individuals! What one person sees in another isn't for me to understand!

Maybe she aligned with Jerry's non-artistic side more than we know. He wasn't a super hippy and did have his capitalistic ways.. Just thinking out loud...