#86180  by unnbrokenchain

Thought I'd share pics of my new cab I ordered from Tracy Lowe. Quite impressed. It looks and holds up great. Thank you Tracy!
Stuck two Jbl E-120's I got off ebay that sound great! Funny, that I like how the speakers react with my Carvin (humbuckers) more than my Tele (single). The humbuckers can really get those speakers to whine and sound sassy! :lol:
Can't wait to throw in some WCR pickups. Probably get a pair as a Xmas present.
 #86267  by Tennessee Jedi

czyfingers wrote:Nice loking cab. What year is your dsr? Also what is the mystery pedal with the stealie sticker?
Hub Bub type thing I think ...
Is that a DSR or a Band Master ?
:D
Nice cab by the way !
 #86281  by unnbrokenchain

Your right. It's a 1972 Bandmaster Reverb. Before it was paired with the original closed-back cab, which for a 2x12 was extremely big! My one big issue with closed-backs is the extra bass you get with them, you know? the "thud! thud! thud!" sound? Tracy's cab is great so far!

And for the mystery pedal. That is an alembic style volume boost pedal I built about a year ago, my clipping solution for my extremely clean rig. I have it on my pedalboard now because I have not used it in a while. Looking forward to see if Brad releases that new pedal sometime soon, the one that would be able to replicate many variations of clipping.
 #86304  by sants

Tracy's cabs are top notch! I have one with E120's and love it! I will also have to throw up some pics!
 #86387  by unnbrokenchain

Yeah the new cab really is great. My Jerry rig is "officially" complete... for now ha! I love my sound now. I play Carvin stock humbuckers with coil splitting option. They are ok for now. I'm saving up for some WCR's pickups. I do not like the super 2's, even though they are humbuckers. I always thought Jerry had the best most beefiest tones when he had the Beans and Gibson's in the late/early sixties. Without the coil split, I get a lot of great clipping from my volume boost I built which is right before the bandmaster. So, with a 45 watt amp, volume boost for the clipping and two E120's, I think that is the best little setup you can have.
 #86500  by modz

Thanks for the KIND words guys! Now to that sick ass Tele!!!! What is it and what wood is that? It's so unique! I'm looking to design a guitar. I use PRS's because I like the feel BUT my heels all have cracks (bolt on CE24) and where the top is glued together (bookmatched) always cracks through the finish. I really like my 1991 PRS (with the maple fret board) but I'm ready for a guitar that will be everything I want! I'm throwing an OBEL on my PRS this week. If I can stretch a day to 48 hours:)
Tracy aka "modz"
 #86512  by unnbrokenchain

Thanks Tracy. That's my Carvin sh65. I got it for the tele style with a neck through body, and also originally had a piezo system which I disconnected and now use the space for the OBEL. It's an all walnut body with a spalted maple top. It's very photogenic and quite awesome. Carvin's parts suck though. A pot already fried up on me, originally thinking my speakers had been blown. I then did some a/b testing with all my stuff and turns out I just need to replace the pots, and I gonna go the extra step and get nice pickups for it too (maybe some WCR's), stick Waldo's preamp in between the two pickups in the cavity and thats it.
 #87321  by Jon S.

I know I sure wouldn't want to be without my own SSP cab!