name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #82492  by ScarletFire93

I have been playing guitar for 6 years. My setup up right now is a Sovtek Mig50 through a 2x12 with Boss Fender Bassman pedal and a MXR Super Comp. Playing out of a Schecter Hellraiser. Saving up to buy a new guitar custom made by Phiga Guitars and going to get more pedals. I've never seen Jerry :cry: but I have seen Ratdog, Phil Lesh and Friends, Furthur, The Dead and many Grateful Dead cover bands. I have to say Furthur is by far the best. I was born into a Deadhead household and it has always stayed with me. My parents traveled with the Grateful Dead all up and down the east coast for many of their tours. I hope to be in a band and travel around the world making music.

Cal
 #82495  by JonnyBoy

Good luck to you, and welcome to this place. Lots of stuff to learn from here, if you are looking to get a Jam band sound. There are a few younger guys on here attempting to keep the Dead's torch alive, it is nice to see that.

I have heard some good things about the mig 50. Some compare it to a bassman, with its own unique personality. I've been wanting to add one of those modeling pedals to my arsenal for a direct hookup option (bassman pedal), What do you think of it?
 #82514  by ScarletFire93

I love it, combined with my Mig 50 it gives me an amazing bass with a treble that is very crisp. when i turn the gain up on it it gives off a good blues distortion
 #83402  by brutusbuck45

Greetings!

I grew up in Auburn. I hung out with one of two Dead Head crowds in our fair small town... There were the older, laid back bunch that had their hey day in the 70's. They had laid back house parties and knew the scene so well they talked about it like it was a family Christmas. Then there was the rowdy, younger bunch- the group that I hung out with. This was in the early 80's through about 1990. When I went back to school and essentially left Auburn for good. I traveled many an open road (and parking lot) with that younger bunch in those years. Did your Mom and Dad grow up in Auburn and were part of either of these groups? Can you tell their first names? You can PM me if you don't want to post.

Thanks, man and good luck. Peace.

~Brut
 #83416  by tcsned

welcome Auburn, NY! It's good to see some second generation heads out there.
 #84031  by ScarletFire93

brutusbuck45 my parents names are John Jarvis and Cindy Krickovich thats her maiden name.