#8218  by bodiddley

Sorry for the guitar noob question. Does anyone know the tab for that countryfied riff of 6-7 notes Jer plays between the chords on Franklin's? Thanks!

#8221  by Billbbill

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but this is a nice easy one I like, that you made me think of from the chorus starting over the D and ending on the A chord.

--D--------------G------A

e-----------------------0
b---------------2-------2-
g-----------2-4---4-2---2-
d------3pu4-----------4-2-
a-----------------------0
E-----------------------

#8224  by Billbbill

I think I like this position with the pull off on the B string better.

--D--------------G-------A

e------------------------0
b---------------2po0-----2-
g-----------2-4------2---2-
d------3pu4------------4-2-
a------------------------0
E-----------------------

#8225  by BlobWeird

Anyone know the chords Jerry plays where he walks up and down from A to D with chords. He does it a bunch in Go to nassau

#8238  by bodiddley

Thanks BillBill, ya that's what I'm looking for, Ive been experimenting with different variations of that with a pull off on the G string then the D string... getting warmer all the time. Does he do that while Bob's playing the Dmaj chord?

#8239  by bodiddley

I'm gonna have to break down and watch a vid of this because I know Jer usually plays the chords up at the 12th fret area so I would think the riff would be around there. Is it in the key of A or D?

#8263  by Billbbill

As far as I can recall jg strummed these chords all over the place. The lick I posted is a chorus lick and for that he would likely be all the way back by the end of the fretboard.

And yeah, the lick begins over the D.

#8277  by tigerstrat

kinda (but not totally) sure JG would usually strum A at the 9th or sometimes 5th pos, (G) at the 7th, and D at the 7th, which is also where the fingering pos for the chorus should be- the 7th.

#8294  by Billbbill

You're right tiger. One of the links (Knickerbocker?) posted by caspersvapors has helpslipfrank and sure enough that lick begins on the 7th fret and jg seems to slide up to the 11th fret for the Db (C#) on the D string, though not with the same finger as he hits the A on the D string.

I could swear I saw it as I tabbed somewhere but the only Franklins vid I have that I haven't looked at yet (I only have 3) is dead ahead.