Chat about Equipment Info
 #82013  by JonnyBoy

I have an extra pot on my Jerrypaul that I'm not using, a les paul has 4 knobs. I have now decided to make it an effects blend pot. What would be the type of pot needed to execute such a task? I guess what I'm asking is would it have to be some special "Blend pot" made to blend or can one of those two level jobs work? Thank you for helping me with this question, I have never considered blending until I saw an Alembic Tribute with one and it seems neat-o.
 #82116  by tapestry

I had one put in my ibanez musician, but it never really worked quite right. My tech said that to do it right, you would need to add a another buffer in the guitar so that both feeds are buffered.

What does work well is the VBR-jr. I have one mounted in my rack.
 #82127  by JonnyBoy

tapestry wrote:I had one put in my ibanez musician, but it never really worked quite right. My tech said that to do it right, you would need to add a another buffer in the guitar so that both feeds are buffered.

What does work well is the VBR-jr. I have one mounted in my rack.
Thanks for the reply Tap. Did he use a standard pot or was it a dual pot, with two tiers of soldering points? I am not worried about the buffer situation since I use one off board my guitar. I remember having buffer problems with my OBEL since the effects would have a buffered line and my non obel had no buffer. I have since changed my effects set up to true bypassed effects switching so that doesn't bother me anymore. I am hoping a standard pot can do the trick?
 #116348  by al.hurst

I have been reading up on this and I can really find a good opinion on this... If I am running a UGB > OBEL then the blend knob would not work right without a UGB in the main signal path?

Would if I don't have a UGB, Then it would work fine?
Thanks.