#81129  by Grant

Hi guys,
could someone give me a run down of jerrys pedals/ amp setup during 73/74?

was he using the mxr/ mutron predals back then?

was the mcintosh around yet?

Thanks!
 #81133  by Grant

Just been doing some further reading, it appears that in the "early 70s" (not year specific) jer was only using a wah?
I'm reading conflicting reports - was it a colorsound or a vox?

Can someone clarify?
 #81149  by tigerstrat

Twin pre> Mac 2300> 16x-20x JBL D-120's

the photo record of his wahs is pretty scant but in '71-73 it was a ColorSound; in July 74 he is seen with a Morley; and in Oct 74 it appears to be an all-black crybaby type - possibly Thomas Organ.
 #81156  by Grant

Thanks for the info, do you have a photo of the colorsound?

Also, guitar-wise, has it been established what date wolf debuted? I know it was delivered in may 73, but have seen a photo of alligator being played in june 73...
 #81163  by FretWilkes

Grant wrote:Also, guitar-wise, has it been established what date wolf debuted? I know it was delivered in may 73, but have seen a photo of alligator being played in june 73...
I saw him playing it on 9/15/73 in Providence. I've read somewhere that that was the 1st show. I'm not 100% sure though.
 #81253  by tigerstrat

Wolf debuted at 9/5/73 S.S. Bay Belle Garcia+Saunders show, and the subsequent GD tour
 #81331  by bdhact1

Was Wolf used in the "Wake Of the Flood" sessions, or was Alligator, or both ?
 #81426  by Grant

I'm interested in this too... WOTF sessions ran 8/4 - 9/7/73... My guess would be that album may have been it's first use. I'll have to listen closer
 #81430  by bdhact1

Especially interested in which guitar was used in "Eyes..", "Mississippi...", and "Let It Grow".
 #93656  by ScubaGeek

bdhact1 wrote:Was Wolf used in the "Wake Of the Flood" sessions, or was Alligator, or both ?
In the liner notes in the Beyond Description boxset, the engineer who worked on Wake Of The Flood talks about how Jerry's "new Alembic guitar" was delivered to the studio during the sessions. He makes some comment about how he can't believe today that he actually had the nerve to open the case and play the guitar a bit before Jerry had even seen it.

So I'm guessing Wolf is on at least some, if not all of Wake Of The Flood.