#43513  by Tennessee Jedi

For shits and giggles I should do a vid of what I was doing :oops:
Wow - Pete you got a great ear.
Cant wait to bang this around.
Thank you !

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#43521  by ThePilgrim

Awesome job man! That just encourages me more to go home to go pick up my now.

#43595  by paulee

Great job Pete.

BTW Im still waitin for your take on "Jump for joy"....
 #66275  by Jon S.

Just found Pete's YouTube video. Thanks so much!
 #81278  by tcsned

We are dragging this tune out of mothballs after 6 or 7 years you saved me a bunch of time relearning this sections - THANKS PETE!!!
 #81283  by JonnyBoy

good job pete, saved me time too. I have been doing a horrible rendition of that lick... that looks a whole lot easier...Now if I can get the band to play it. The collective conscience want less Dead/covers lately and more originals.
 #81289  by JonnyBoy

ugly rumor wrote:But...but...the Dead ARE originals, no?

I wish I could pass that off, but yes they are original in the origin kind of sense. I try to tell them the music is just a frame work and in the spirit we can make it whatever. We did that with New speedway boogie, made it a whole new song revolving around the structure...
 #81350  by amyjared

LOL!! Ok, I'm getting old. Confession:
I'm at work and can't access the vid's, so all I see is the heading: Estimated Bridge vid for Tennessee Jedi, but I read it as "Estimated bridge for Tennessee Jed" and I'm thinking, holy shit, there was talk on this site of a vid for Tennesse Jed, and he did an "estimation" of what he thought the bridge sounded like, but then I got to thinking, there's a bridge in the song?!? OMG, I've been playing this tune w/out the bridge section??? So I get home and watch, and boy is my face red... :oops:

Nice vid, Pete, always learn from your stuff!!
 #81459  by Pete B.

Don't forget to tell your Bass players that the last two notes before the solo in G, are C# > Bb.

------------F----------A
'Light my Waaayyy-Ayyy...
B > D
A > C
G > Bb
F > C# > Bb
G (start solo jam)

(These are single notes for Bass, so I left off the "minor" designation.)
 #97786  by mttourpro

Pete B. wrote:Don't forget to tell your Bass players that the last two notes before the solo in G, are C# > Bb.

------------F----------A
'Light my Waaayyy-Ayyy...
B > D
A > C
G > Bb
F > C# > Bb
G (start solo jam)

(These are single notes for Bass, so I left off the "minor" designation.)

FWIW, we (me and my guitar player) just hashed this out at length and, for good measure, we dragged JDarks into the discussion via email. The short of it is that the last two chords, IMHO, are in fact

F min b6th and Fmin 6th (the top 2 notes would then be, Db to D for guitar and keys) I believe the bass should just hang on the F and/or perhaps hit an f# just before going to the G for the jam.

I'd be happy to get more detailed about why these are ( I believe) the correct chords over saying Db to F diminshed (or any other chords) if anyone is interested. Rock on. :smile:
 #97787  by playingdead

I play the last (three) chords over that F minor as a partial barre across the first fret:

F minor
F minor add a C# (2nd fret on B string)
F minor add a D (3rd fret on B string)

Bass should stay on the F.

Hit the big G.

To be even more authentic, do a B-string pull off on the last two notes (C#-C-C# then D-C#-D) as sixteenth notes, but a rest on the first sixteenth -- rest-C#-C-C# then rest D-C#-D).