Chat about Equipment Info
 #80625  by Rusty the Scoob

I'm starting to think that it might be. If not from the actual WOS it might be a cab that HT built later to the same specs? If they did that sort of thing.
HT-15 Full.jpg
HT-15 Serial No.jpg
I rotated the full pic and shrunk it down and it looks about right.
Wall of Sound with HT-15.jpg
 #80634  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Tracy at SSP built one to those exact original Alembic WOS spec's a couple of years ago. I heard a friend play his Gibson EB-3 with a Dark Star pickup thru a 50 watt bassman head thru that cab loaded with a JBL D130. It was freaking astounding. Something about that cab geometry/design, sealed back, etc. just was absolutely huge and full sounding. Never heard anything quite like it. It took very little power for a gigantic and deep, extended sound to happen.

Brad
 #80635  by strumminsix

Rusty, keep in mind HT did do work with many bands in the bay area.

It looks like authentic 70s HT to my uneducated eye but that doesn't mean WOS.
 #80637  by JonnyBoy

With a serial # of 59 that MIGHT mean it was one of the first ones made, or maybe the 59th! I would assume the best at this point.... it looks cool and a GREAT PRICE for an authentic vintage HT CAB!
 #80638  by FretWilkes

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Tracy at SSP built one to those exact original Alembic WOS spec's a couple of years ago.

Brad
Brad, are the plans for such a cabinet available somewhere?

Fret

PS and off topic: Have you "spoken" with Chris Brooks over on the Pedal Steel Forum? He plays with my band now and then. A great guy and a great player to boot.
 #80640  by Rusty the Scoob

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Tracy at SSP built one to those exact original Alembic WOS spec's a couple of years ago. I heard a friend play his Gibson EB-3 with a Dark Star pickup thru a 50 watt bassman head thru that cab loaded with a JBL D130. It was freaking astounding. Something about that cab geometry/design, sealed back, etc. just was absolutely huge and full sounding. Never heard anything quite like it. It took very little power for a gigantic and deep, extended sound to happen.

Brad
You have my attention!

I ran into a guy online (Same guy? Steve Cakourous - could be spelling his name wrong) who had a similar setup - EB3 with Dark Star into a replica WOS cab and low-powered Fender head. He raved about it - I thought the sound clips sounded ok but not amazing - but you can't really get the "feel" of a bass cab from a sound clip. I've had my eye out for a good D140 ever since but nothing's popped up at a really good price until now.
 #80642  by Rusty the Scoob

JonnyBoy wrote:With a serial # of 59 that MIGHT mean it was one of the first ones made, or maybe the 59th! I would assume the best at this point.... it looks cool and a GREAT PRICE for an authentic vintage HT CAB!
Thanks! Even if it was never in the WOS I've been on the lookout and/or sort of planning to build a WOS replica. An HT WOS replica is the best thing I could imagine! Assuming that's what this is... hopefully the seller will chime in with the dimensions soon, or HT will get back to me with confirmation.
 #80648  by jdsmodulus

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:With a serial # of 59 that MIGHT mean it was one of the first ones made, or maybe the 59th! I would assume the best at this point.... it looks cool and a GREAT PRICE for an authentic vintage HT CAB!
Thanks! Even if it was never in the WOS I've been on the lookout and/or sort of planning to build a WOS replica. An HT WOS replica is the best thing I could imagine! Assuming that's what this is... hopefully the seller will chime in with the dimensions soon, or HT will get back to me with confirmation.
Really, what do you mean by replica? Actually building a WOS
 #80649  by Rusty the Scoob

I just meant a single cab built to the dimensions of one of Phil's WOS cabs.... not a replica of the whole Wall.

Edit... got the dimensions: 25.5" deep x 20" wide x 30" tall
Last edited by Rusty the Scoob on Wed May 26, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #80652  by FretWilkes

Rusty the Scoob wrote:IEdit... got the dimensions: 25.5" deep x 20" wide x 30" tall
COOL! Do you think they were insulated?
 #80655  by FretWilkes

Rusty the Scoob wrote::lol: Pretty sure the whole WOS wouldn't fit in my Wrangler. :lol:
"Is that a WOS in your Wrangler or are you just happy to see me?"

Hmm...I guess that would be Wrangler(s)