Chat about Equipment Info
 #80598  by brutusbuck45

Here are a few pics. I just unboxed it and started clicking. I kept saying... Wow! I thought I would share. I have only played it for a few minutes and I can't believe the feel, playability and acoustic/unamplified tone. I have not been able to plug her into the Super 60 yet (kids were already in bed). That will have to wait until tomorrow. More to come...

~BB45
DSC01712 (Large).JPG
DSC01721 (Large).JPG
DSC01717 (Large).JPG
 #80599  by WilliamC

Seeeeeeeeet!

New axe, that team up north is "punishing itself" and its been 2,376 days since they beat us on the gridiron!

Life is good!

Bill C, OSU Comp. Sci. 1975
 #80601  by brutusbuck45

WilliamC wrote:Seeeeeeeeet!

New axe, that team up north is "punishing itself" and its been 2,376 days since they beat us on the gridiron!

Life is good!

Bill C, OSU Comp. Sci. 1975

YES! That is right. They are punishing themselves AND they get punished on that one special Saturday before Thanksgiving for the better part of a decade. I concur my friend... Life is Good!
 #80602  by Jon S.

I love it (and am glad I'm not the only one who chose H-S-H for his own "Jerrycaster" :smile: ).
 #80604  by jackr

carvin makes some nice guitars! That one is a beaut.
 #80606  by JonnyBoy

HO--LEEE SHEEP SHIT! DERN DITTY BOY, YOU GOTTEN A GOODIN'!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

For real, I have to say that is one of the coolest guitars I've seen yet! I was waiting to see the outcome since you were choosing colors.... This has been a great few months on here for tribute guitars, between you and Dozin', the scott walker's and the other's I've peeked at, you guys got me wondering why I am playing these pieces of shit I've got (although I love my guitars and you can pry them from my dead cold hands one day if you want to give it a try).....This place has a Knack for egging me on to spend some money :lol:

What kind of pickups did you wind up using in there????
 #80611  by bpg21

Sweet axe!!! Here are some pics of my Carvin. I have been playing it regularly for over two years now and am very pleased. Tom Lieber did the electronics ( demarzio super 2s and SDS ) and he himself was very impressed with the overall workmanship and quality. Especially for under $1700. The back is koa and the neck is maple and koa. I have the CB2 UGB in it and it really has that 78-79 wolf tone throught my rig ( 67 Dual Showman to a McIntosh mc2100 to 2 JBL E120s). I have heard alot of negative reviews in regard to Carvin electronics but I have to say that the Carvin single coils that came with it sounded real nice. It gets
DSCN0055.JPG
DSCN0057.JPG
DSCN0055.JPG
all kinds of positive comments when playing out. I will probably spring for Waldo's buffer soon. Always searching for the sound.
 #80618  by Thomas Lieber

Carvin makes very nice instruments. They have been one of the most underrated manufactures in this industry and it is unfair. Lots of other companies have tons of hype but do not walk the walk; Carvin has quietly walk a path of good quality at a more then affordable price point.
If I did not have the funds for a personal custom build by a luthier such as myself or Matt Moriarty, I would not hesitate to spend my money with Carvin, you receive value greater then its price!, no doubt!

Best,
Tom