#75201  by Mick

LazyLightnin wrote:YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POSTS!
Wrong. I have read the posts, but you have not read mine. Like I said, I tried to suggest that you got the response you got because of the way you went about things, and I thought I phrased it pretty nicely in my first post in this thread. Like I said, I didn't want to jump into what was obviously someone else's fray, and if it makes you feel better, I'm sorry that I did. I just tried to make a gentle suggestion that your posting style was causing the reactions that you were unhappy with, and I stand behind that to this moment. You clearly have no interest in even attempting to post in a non-insulting manner, so be it, I really don't care.
how can i make this more clear? you are saying and insinuating things that are so contrary to what weve discussed and things that i've said. most of what you are saying are "twists" of truth to what has happened here. if your not going to take the time to actually know whats going on then why are you here? why the snide comment?
See above. I am not "twisting" anything, just stating my opinion.
you want pretentious? then have an intellectual conversation with me and ill eat you for breakfast.
Yeah, right. :roll:
stop tugging on my coatsleeves like a 5 year old and YOU get a life! you think i like having to come in here and defend myself against against all these naysayers? especially the ones that have been presented with LAW and still don't get it? it takes twice as much thinking to answer posts without name calling and bashing - at least i put the time into it, at least i thought things through before i made claims or told someone they were wrong. you want to argue that? THEN READ THE %^#$@%^#$ POSTS! you clearly haven't.
The whole world is out to get you, isn't it? BTW, you don't HAVE to come in here and defend yourself. In fact, you didn't have to come in here and air your dirty laundry either....oh, never mind.
did you get confused by my writing? did it boggle you? not make sense? well thats not my fault! step out of the kitchen and take a hike because most of what you are saying has no rock to stand on - because you clearly HAVEN'T READ THE POSTS!
No, noting you rote confoosed me, it was sum all plane as daay.
ive met with legal conultation...i even posted that i had and explained in LAMENS TERMS what the deal was and yet i still get:
Like I said, you are good to go as far as I am concerned. Drive on.
after 6 years here and almost 700 posts, the few of you who have ruined so much are convincing me that actual real in the flesh people are what really matter. I can't beleive i was so stupid to think i would get help and support from this community - what a bunch of bullshit - i find out that i can't trust any of you - in fact as soon as i did i got negative feedback and overtones, is this the kind of face you want new folks to see? who would want to come in here and deal with you people?
This is funny. I am betting that you wouldn't have the cajones to say to my face a lot of the stuff you posted to me. But again, I really don't care.
 #75240  by LazyLightnin

You clearly have no interest in even attempting to post in a non-insulting manner, so be it, I really don't care.
you are absolutely incorrect sir, i do not believe you've read the post's. if you did then you would see me meticulously defending myself against name callers and finger pointers. i never did this back to them at all. can't you read english? i see how it is and this works for alot of people: you are interpreting all of this the way YOU want to hear it and you are making things seem to go about the way YOU want it to go. dude, go back and read the whole thing, where exactly was i insulting? i may have gently deflected naysayers a little harsh here and there, but it in no way compares to what those individuals replied with first. if you dont see that then you're dyslexic or flat out retarded. :lol: yes, ive changed my tone just for you - so you dont have to bring it up in your next post.
you want pretentious?
Yeah, right.
then say something intelligent for once. "ya, right" doesn't cut it brah... :roll:
The whole world is out to get you, isn't it?
a handful of folks have the notion that if several of them think that something is right, then it must be. but that is not always the case. there is a psychological definition for the phenomenon, but i can't remember exactly what it is off the top of my head.
air your dirty laundry either
how is asking a plausible question airing my dirty laundry? it's not like i'm admitting to sleeping with someones wife or something....its a band name ffs
ask for intelligence and this is what i get.....
Like I said, you are good to go as far as I am concerned. Drive on.
then why are you here tugging on my coat sleeves? go play in traffic - and not the band.
This is funny. I am betting that you wouldn't have the cajones to say to my face a lot of the stuff you posted to me
wow, you've taken it this far? i didn't think you'd actually implode like that! rock bottom huh? nothing left to do but let our fists do the talking..well i'm typing on my keyboard as hard as i can! -Take That! what a crock of shit easy way out....."uh....well, ill kick your ass" -weak, lame , whatever you wanna call it - totally hollow and distasteful. your a real class act brah!

you wanna tango "Mick" -e mouse?...OMFG TOO FUNNY:

"Mick" -E Mouse and....wait for it..."River-rat"...What a combo! and i'm the cartoon character? the fuck outta here....
 #75272  by Mick

LazyLightnin wrote: i see how it is and this works for alot of people: you are interpreting all of this the way YOU want to hear it and you are making things seem to go about the way YOU want it to go. dude, go back and read the whole thing, where exactly was i insulting? i may have gently deflected naysayers a little harsh here and there, but it in no way compares to what those individuals replied with first. if you dont see that then you're dyslexic or flat out retarded. :lol: yes, ive changed my tone just for you - so you dont have to bring it up in your next post.
This is funny, and it will get funnier later!
a handful of folks have the notion that if several of them think that something is right, then it must be. but that is not always the case. there is a psychological definition for the phenomenon, but i can't remember exactly what it is off the top of my head.
Getting funnier already.
ask for intelligence and this is what i get.....[/quote]

No, that is what you give.
wow, you've taken it this far? i didn't think you'd actually implode like that! rock bottom huh? nothing left to do but let our fists do the talking..well i'm typing on my keyboard as hard as i can! -Take That! what a crock of shit easy way out....."uh....well, ill kick your ass" -weak, lame , whatever you wanna call it - totally hollow and distasteful. your a real class act brah!
This is where it gets really funny, or maybe a little sad. You wail and cry about other people seeing things their way, and then you interpret what I wrote to mean "I'll kick your ass". I really think you need to grow up.
you wanna tango "Mick" -e mouse?...OMFG TOO FUNNY:
I have already said why I took the screen name "Mick". About 15 years ago, I was looking on-line for a quote for life insurance. For each company, I would fill out the request form with baloney information, including claiming my name was "Mick E. Mouse", but I had to give my real e-mail address to get the quote. The insurance companies were obviously selling the hell out of the contact information, because for literally years after that, I would get tons of e-mail starting with things like "Hey Mick" or "Great news Mick!" At first I found it annoying, but then later saw the humor in it, and have gone by "Mick" online ever since. You appear to be attempting to insult me. If so, you will need to do a lot better than that.

And for the record, I am not "tugging on your sleeve", nor do I care about your band name. But since you still can't let that go, I'll give you my real opinion. If you are not sufficiently creative to come up with a band name that isn't presently being used by numerous other bands, you are not much of an "artist" in my book. You appear to lack the minimal amount of introspection needed to see how your posting style is abrasive and insulting, and therefore, I am not surprised that you also lack the tiny amount of humility it takes to listen to folks more experienced than you. I am not talking about me here. Because of the preceding, you are a waste of my time. So, no, I don't "wanna tango" with you, or anyone else who can't manage to spell words like "sneak" and "layman".
 #75508  by LazyLightnin

oh come one dude - mick - e mouse and river-rat, thats just too easy lol. its just a joke man, settle down :lol:

ya the spelling...can't get spellcheck to work here at the college, so some posts just have bad spelling cuz i dont have the time to go through the whole thing.

anyway, whatever your opinion is - good for you - roll with it. 8)

i just made a switch at the bass position - been sapping my energy all week long, well actually 3 weeks now. gotta nother guy - whose alot better, but i was friends with the old dude. kinda hurt to let him go but we had more than enough reason to do the switch. he owned the p.a. too, now we have to all dole out a couple hundred bucks for new equipment. :?

yes, the creativity factor. all i have to say is look at the band names used by most everyone else here. pretty much the same formula - now you wouldnt say that we all lack creativity would you?
ive tried to write music and ive found that im much better suited writing guitar parts. i get an idea for a song and 10 minutes later - poof -its gone. incredibly hard to write music anymore - so much original music has been written and you find yourself playing a chord progression thats already been used or sounds to close to something else - hell, George Harrison was sued for plagarism.

i just got a text that Corey Feldman died :(

whenever i see "Mick" i think of Mick Jones of the Clash. say what you want about their tone, but underrated songwriter imo. you can bash me for that lol just makes me smile when it happens 8)
 #75527  by JonnyBoy

You don't have to worry about your name until you produce music and you piss someone off. You can be Dead Ahead and once they offer you millionaire status, you may have to change it :lol: :cool: Our band was talking about that too. We said fuck it, once someone gives us a hassle we will deal with it then. Then you can be the band formerly know as dead ahead, :lol: JB
 #79109  by LazyLightnin

i'll roll with what my attorney has told me already - he has graduated 6 years from law school, a newspaper article has not.

can't believe anyone cared about this in the first place. still haven't met anyone who has heard of any other dead ahead. stu left the schwag anyway...
 #79134  by Chuckles

So, three months hence and still haven't come up with anything better?
:roll:

Or... just reaffirming your pathological and deep-seated complete lack of desire to change it in the first place... despite protestations to the contrary?
:shock:

And relax - I'm just busting on ya.
:peas:
 #79146  by Tennessee Jedi

LazyLightnin wrote:i'll roll with what my attorney has told me already - he has graduated 6 years from law school, a newspaper article has not.

can't believe anyone cared about this in the first place. still haven't met anyone who has heard of any other dead ahead. stu left the schwag anyway...
http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2a9#p78939
I'm 42 and live on the coast of Maine right next to an awesome music town - Portsmouth NH. I play with my band Dead Ahead and am psyched for a great summer gig season!!
If any of you all live nearby and want to jam shoot me a PM or email gr8tfuldads [at] yahoo [dot com]
Here's a couple videos from the Tuesday Night Man Cave ... better videos will be posted on the website as I finish them up.
 #79162  by LazyLightnin

haha! i don't know about pathological lol half of this thread is us talking out of our asses anyway. i like to write and debate and even though it wore on me at times i still got lots of great ideas, got to know some of you better and came to a conclusion on band name status(can anyone be that positive? - at least i try 8) ). it has to change, there's no 2 ways about it. 1 dead ahead that plays ne ohio playing the same genre of music that another dead ahead that encompasses half the country is just stupid. but bear in mind that an about face in policy isn't reasonable either and handling the transfer gracefully without losing people that know us as dead ahead (none of them have ever heard of a different dead ahead or could even give a flying fuck - i want to reiterate that) isn't as easy as it seems. sure we could make the change tomorrow but that would be a bad decision as we have already established a market as said band name, not to mention the clubs, bars and fests that we've already been booked at by that name. we may find it conducive to our interests to stick with it for the summer. i'm thinking that the best time would be late august as we only have a sept 3rd date as of now for that late in the season. there, i wouldn't mind just calling up and telling them the situation, creating new myspace/facebook pages and booking under the new moniker. how to transfer those networking sites' fans though....that's the question.

I like American Beauty as a band name but some screamo band is using it in san antonio. maybe i should copyright it before i even use it and claim it as mine. i don't see the difference. see, that band is a completely different genre, probably will break up in a year and will more than likely never leave texas. i don't see how they would have anything to say about what happens in cleveland ohio. btw does america own the moon since we put the equivalent to a trademark on it? :lol:

yeah, i know of the other dead aheads, but none of my band members, any of the folks i know mutually or anyone i've met or booked shows with has ever heard of any other of the same name. in fact when i book i usually tell the bookie our band name situation just for small talk - no one seems to care except for a few of you lol.

god i love you guys - and you can come out and jam with me anytime! 8)
 #79163  by Tennessee Jedi

LazyLightnin wrote:
I like American Beauty as a band name but some screamo band is using it in san antonio. maybe i should copyright it before i even use it and claim it as mine. i don't see the difference. see, that band is a completely different genre, probably will break up in a year and will more than likely never leave texas. i don't see how they would have anything to say about what happens in cleveland ohio. btw does america own the moon since we put the equivalent to a trademark on it? :lol:
http://www.darkstarorchestra.net/NEWSIT ... p?sec=tour
Rob Eatons band is called American Beauty too
small world ....