Chat about Equipment Info
 #78160  by JonnyBoy

I always wondered about that pedal, How is it? I went with the POG 2, it seemed a little more versatile in terms of its approach. Since not many people here had that pedal either, I had to FIND the settings myself :? . I wound up putting on some 77 dead like the end of fire on the mountain and paused and played and paused and played and paused until I could get a similar tone, then saved it as a preset. His pedals are so cool, but a small fortune (ANALOGMAN). I am sure it is nice. :cool:
 #78175  by tigerstrat

Octron Rocts! I slightly boost Direct, crank Down, and add varying amounts of Up according to how much "hair" I want.
 #78179  by jackevorkian

tigerstrat wrote:Octron Rocts! I slightly boost Direct, crank Down, and add varying amounts of Up according to how much "hair" I want.
That's pretty much how I am using it...I run the Direct at 3:00, Down at 3:00, and dial in the Up about 9:00.

I'm on the fence about getting a Musitronics. Is it really that much better? I've heard the low end tracks a little better and it's generally a more musical pedal than the Octron.
 #78180  by jackevorkian

JonnyBoy wrote:I always wondered about that pedal, How is it? I went with the POG 2, it seemed a little more versatile in terms of its approach. Since not many people here had that pedal either, I had to FIND the settings myself :? . I wound up putting on some 77 dead like the end of fire on the mountain and paused and played and paused and played and paused until I could get a similar tone, then saved it as a preset. His pedals are so cool, but a small fortune (ANALOGMAN). I am sure it is nice. :cool:
I had a MicroPog before I got the Octron. The EH obviously tracks better and you can get all those synth and organ tones, but it always sounded a little thin to me compared to the Octron.
 #78242  by tigerstrat

jackevorkian wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:Octron Rocts! I slightly boost Direct, crank Down, and add varying amounts of Up according to how much "hair" I want.
That's pretty much how I am using it...I run the Direct at 3:00, Down at 3:00, and dial in the Up about 9:00.

I'm on the fence about getting a Musitronics. Is it really that much better? I've heard the low end tracks a little better and it's generally a more musical pedal than the Octron.
NIMHO. I have used both and I'm pretty sure the Octron does everything a Oct Divider does, but obviously through a different control configuration. Hard to say which is more user friendly.
 #78268  by JonnyBoy

I think they are both valuable useful pedals. I was dragged in by its tracking and the organ, and I wanted to really adjust that organ so I got the pog 2. Plus, I can save 6 presets plus have the board sliders the way i want it, so I guess 7. My band doesn't feel the funk like I do though, It does great organ intro's and synth stuff, but its hard to use it as a full fledged organ by way of guitar. I mix it 1/2 signal and 1/2 or 1/3 organ and its in the background, thats kinda cool. The octron does what it does best, and from what you said, does it well. The pog2 is pricey for just an octave pedal, its the least used and the most expensive in my chain. That doesn't sit well with me. I thought I would use it more.
 #125441  by TRG

Anyone out there currently using the Octron and have any clips of it that they could share (Cats, Stranger, etc...)?

I'm looking to add an octave pedal to my aresenal and trying to decide between the OC-2 and the Octron. Any insight would be much appreciated :-)
 #125463  by tigerstrat

Here's some Octron fwiw; not my finest solo and the audio is pretty club-AUD-y, but there you go. Solo begins around 3:45-ish.

approximate Settings: Up-9:00, Direct: 2:30, Down:3:45-4:00
 #125481  by TRG

tigerstrat wrote:Here's some Octron fwiw; not my finest solo and the audio is pretty club-AUD-y, but there you go. Solo begins around 3:45-ish.

approximate Settings: Up-9:00, Direct: 2:30, Down:3:45-4:00
Hey tigerstrat, sounds great, thanks for posting! Did you have to mess with any of the internal trimmers at all? Your tone sounds great as well, what does your rig consist of?

And is that a B3!? Very nice.
 #125483  by tigerstrat

TRG wrote:Hey tigerstrat, sounds great, thanks for posting! Did you have to mess with any of the internal trimmers at all? Your tone sounds great as well, what does your rig consist of?

I had to think a little... power amp-wise, this is before I got my Ashly FTX-1501 II, but well after my old Yorkville Beta 800 days, so I would have been going into the FX return of my '85 Mesa Boogie Mark III no-stripe, and into a single E120. Preamp is '68 Fender Showman Reverb (a TR chassis except for the nameplate), with all the Healy mods, except no switching jack for the preamp tap... std JG Tone settings, Vol about 4.5, Reverb 4. Guitar is Schecter C-1 Classic with Dimarzio Dual Sound in middle rout and Wald buffer. Pedals: Octron (the only one used in the clip I believe), Mutron III, Danelectro CTO-1, Mutron Phasor II, Ibanez AD-80 delay.

And that is the Goodfoot Lounge's B-3 + Leslie! One of the very coolest perks of playing there.
 #125487  by TRG

tigerstrat wrote:
TRG wrote:Hey tigerstrat, sounds great, thanks for posting! Did you have to mess with any of the internal trimmers at all? Your tone sounds great as well, what does your rig consist of?

I had to think a little... power amp-wise, this is before I got my Ashly FTX-1501 II, but well after my old Yorkville Beta 800 days, so I would have been going into the FX return of my '85 Mesa Boogie Mark III no-stripe, and into a single E120. Preamp is '68 Fender Showman Reverb (a TR chassis except for the nameplate), with all the Healy mods, except no switching jack for the preamp tap... std JG Tone settings, Vol about 4.5, Reverb 4. Guitar is Schecter C-1 Classic with Dimarzio Dual Sound in middle rout and Wald buffer. Pedals: Octron (the only one used in the clip I believe), Mutron III, Danelectro CTO-1, Mutron Phasor II, Ibanez AD-80 delay.

And that is the Goodfoot Lounge's B-3 + Leslie! One of the very coolest perks of playing there.
Nice, a boogie...I've got to try one of those some day, sounds great! Last question, do you remember if you had to mess with any of the internal trimmer pots on the octron, or did you just leave those as is?
 #125492  by tigerstrat

TRG wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:

Nice, a boogie...I've got to try one of those some day, sounds great! Last question, do you remember if you had to mess with any of the internal trimmer pots on the octron, or did you just leave those as is?
The Octron might be the only pedal I own that I've never even opened to look inside. There are trim pots?! :lol:
 #125497  by TRG

tigerstrat wrote:
The Octron might be the only pedal I own that I've never even opened to look inside. There are trim pots?! :lol:
Ha-ha, nice...I guess that answers my question.