Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #77742  by GodfreyD

As a builder and player of guitars equipped with an Onboard Effects Loop (OBEL) and unity gain buffer modeled after Jerry Garcia’s guitars, I have noticed a couple of problems with this setup and have come up with a solution.

First problem is the cables coming off the guitar. Traditionally with an OBEL, you have a stereo cable that splits to a “Y” and the regular guitar output to amp cable. If your effects are on a pedalboard, you are plugged into it at 2 locations as well as the cable going to your amp. This leaves you strung between your pedals and amp like a window washer's harness.

Second problem is if you want or need to use a different guitar that doesn’t have an effects loop, you would have to reroute the cables for a traditional effects chain. Not necessarily a difficult process, but not something you want to do in the middle of a gig or every time you switch guitars.
The Solution

Introducing “The Hub Bub” – The world’s first Dual Mode Cable Hub exclusively designed for OBEL equipped guitars.

Built in a standard MXR style single aluminum box, The Hub Bub is hand wired using Switchcraft jacks.
Just flip the toggle switch to the right, and the Hub Bub routes the signal from your OBEL equipped guitar thru your pedals, back to your guitar volume/tone controls and out to your amp.

Flip the toggle to the left, and the The Hub Bub bypasses the OBEL circuit and routes a traditional signal from the guitar thru your effects and out to your amp.

The Hub Bub is a passive system so no battery or power supply is necessary.
Hub Bub Alone - $79.00 + $7.00 Shipping

The Hub Bub utilizes a bundled Dual TRS/TS Cable for the guitar to Hub Bub connection and connects your pedal chain, amp, OBEL cable and guitar cable in one location. No more window washer harness plus The Hub Bub’s hardwired split of the stereo OBEL cable to the mono Send and Return jacks, produces a cleaner, clearer and more reliable signal than the “Y” cable.

NEW for 2012
Requests for a more flexible cable and more rugged plugs has led me to upgrade to from the original Belkin cable and Switchcraft plugs.
The Dual TRS/TS Cable NOW consists of:
2x 12' Mogami Black Cables (1 TRS stereo & 1 TS mono) both with one straight and one rt angle Black Neutrix Plug (Our most popular configuration)

Bundled in a FlexoPet expandable sleeve and secured with Double Layered Adhesive Lined Shrink Wrap for easy cable management and neat appearance.
$125.00 + Shipping
Additional rt angle plugs - $5.00 ea
Additional Lengths - $5.00 per foot.

Best Buy! Most Popular Deal Below:

Hub Bub and Dual Cable Combo - $199.00 + $12.00 Shipping SAVE $5.00!

All posted Shipping Charges are CONUS. International Shipping Extra

Paypal accepted
Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks
godfreybgoode@gmail.com
818-397-6957

Some current Hub Bub owners:
Steve Kimock - National Recording Artist
Nate LaPointe - Cubensis - LA's Premier Grateful Dead Tribute
John Reuter - The Noodles - Phoenix's Premier Grateful Dead Tribute
Jon Silberman - TGP and really nice guy!
Scott Walker - Custom Guitar Builder
Andrew Olsen - Custom Guitar Builder

Hub Bubs in action:
Last edited by GodfreyD on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #77773  by GodfreyD

I added paypal and contact info and I just wanted to repost so the ad appears current since recent responses have asked if I still make them and what the current prices are. I would have deleted the old post, but I can't find an option to delete an old thread,In any case, Hub Bubs are still available and the prices haven't changed. Thanks to all who have inquired and ordered Hub Bubs in the past and to the rush of orders I have received in recent weeks.
Godfrey
 #78972  by Bear62

Wow- I have been looking for this solution for a long time. Own a Resurrection Custom w/ OBEL and several other electrics w/o OBEL. 73 Les Paul, 03 Gretsch White Falcon, 97 Squire Tele Thin-line Pro(Made in Korea). Currently using GCX and Rack drawer for effects and a 3 channel Snake Cable w/ TRS and TR right angles at guitar and 3 straight TR to effects and amp. Can you build this in a single space rack version?

Thanks, Gregg
 #78976  by GodfreyD

Bear62 wrote:Wow- I have been looking for this solution for a long time. Own a Resurrection Custom w/ OBEL and several other electrics w/o OBEL. 73 Les Paul, 03 Gretsch White Falcon, 97 Squire Tele Thin-line Pro(Made in Korea). Currently using GCX and Rack drawer for effects and a 3 channel Snake Cable w/ TRS and TR right angles at guitar and 3 straight TR to effects and amp. Can you build this in a single space rack version?

Thanks, Gregg
Am I understanding that you would want a Hub Bub built as a single rack mount that will accommodate your current 3 channel snake? Or do you want to replace it with a trs/tr at both ends cable?
Last edited by GodfreyD on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #78992  by Bear62

My fault- Great Question. I would also buy your cable. Simplifies things greatly! I am also thinking I could just place The Hub Bub in they effects drawer too. I know it is up to me. How do I go about ordering?

Thanks, Gregg
 #79010  by myoung6923

I really like the bypass switch feature on this - indispensable for if want to plug in a non OBEL guitar
 #92730  by tcsned

strummingturtle wrote:Hey Godfrey tried to call you but the number you left here seems to be no good.
Finally got my first obel guitar and wanted to pick up your hub bub to keep my set up clean.
I will try to e-mail you as well.
Peace,
Rob
Rob, he is answering emails
 #93730  by GodfreyD

Hi Guys,

I posted my new phone number on the ad. It is 818-397-6957

Finally decided to get rid of my old Florida number. I am in Los Angeles and staying here for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to everyone for their interest and support of the HubBub.

Godfrey