Chat about Equipment Info
 #77403  by ppaul129

Anyone have any idea what Scott was using for a rig in the 80's early 90's before he went to the Line 6? I know he used an Ibanez MC, but I can't find anything more than that. I love the sound he got out of his guitar back then. Sounds like he is using a compressor a lot and a bit of slapback delay.

I would appreciate anything you guys know.

thanks!
 #77407  by myoung6923

Pretty sure that at least in the 80's he used a Gallien Krueger combo - a very small one - something like this:

Not sure if it's it's same model but at least very similar.

He's been on here before - maybe he'll answer for himself
 #77408  by ppaul129

I grew up seeing Creek with Mike Gordon. We used to cover their material in the bands we were in, now they are both playing together. Go figure...

I was listening to some old Creek, and his clean sound has a really great compressed sound to it.
 #77413  by ppaul129

Wish I had bothered to look at his rig back then. Spent a lot of time right at the stage. Although my vision was a bit blurry back then. :drink:
 #77414  by myoung6923

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Gotta love those great reliable weekly wednesday gigs. :lol:

Yes indeed! I'm thinking though, that they didn't all have to work in the AM!
 #77423  by ebick

myoung6923 wrote:He's been on here before - maybe he'll answer for himself
+ I think he's got some Google alert that he gets when Max Creek is mentioned......so he may already be aware of this thread..... :wink:
 #77428  by ppaul129

I bought this a few months ago from my old guitar player. He was in Mike and my band as well. He bought it in the early 80's and I have wanted it ever since. I have lusted after this vintage of Ibanez Artists and Musicians from seeing Scott play his MC so many times. I love the tone he got out of his guitar. Of course his ridiculous chops don't hurt either...
2700.jpg
 #77437  by Dozin

In the 80's we use to travel from NH to Lupo's, Living Room, Trinity College, etc. Scott is an amazing guitar player. Makes it all look so easy.
 #77439  by zambiland

I used to go to those Wed. Lupo's gigs! Drink for free until 9 and then dance it off!

Weirdly, my friend's car got broken into one night at one of those shows and all that was stolen was a pair of knitting needles and a couple of cards out of a full deck. Scavenger hunt?