Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #74828  by jdsmodulus

Well I scored a GC pro, so the other board is now for sale. I was offered 20 at the local pawn shop. That just made me angry, how about 75 plus shipping. It is in great shape, I only used it for in studio jams, comes with box and power supply. Thanks!
 #76871  by JonnyBoy

Ok, I'll bite. is this a loop switcher, like the GC Pro? I am looking for sumthin' of the sort.... I'm kinda poe, but I could scrounge 50 for the right thing....
 #76876  by jdsmodulus

It is a DMC (Digital Music Corp) Ground Control. Not a Pro. It is a midi foot pedal most commonly used with a GCX Audio Switcher. There is a plethora of info available at Voddoo Labs.
 #76883  by mijknahs

So basically you need to have a GCX rack unit for the Ground Control to work.
 #76889  by jdsmodulus

mijknahs wrote:So basically you need to have a GCX rack unit for the Ground Control to work.
no it will work without the GCX. It can control almost any device. The GCX is an option yes but this foot controller was actually first made before the GCX was.
 #76908  by jdsmodulus

It will also control analog devices. But without the GCX no buffer. In my opinion you would want the GCX for this pedal to be practical. But, that doesnt mean it wont work.
 #77669  by JonnyBoy

how many analog devices can you control with this? or how many loops can be created? I couldn't find any write up at voodo about it. I may be missing the link though...
 #77680  by jdsmodulus

you might want to look at the manual. this can be read PDF. at Voodoo. but the pedal is powerful. Again for loops though, you would need GCX audio switcher. These run 8 loops per unit but you can daisy chain them if need be. I hope that helps.
 #77770  by JonnyBoy

jdsmodulus wrote:you might want to look at the manual. this can be read PDF. at Voodoo. but the pedal is powerful. Again for loops though, you would need GCX audio switcher. These run 8 loops per unit but you can daisy chain them if need be. I hope that helps.
I thought so. I am thinking of making a loop station myself. I see that they are just relays and switches, as far as a ground pedal looper. The GCX is sweet but expensive. Thanks for clearing it up.