My take would be this
Code: Select all
E|-----------------------
B|-----------------------
G|--9-9-----7s9s-7--(12s)--
D|--9-9-9-9-9s11s9---13s9-
A|-----------------------
Can't tell for sure if he's playing that D note on the G string to make an E7 and sliding it up and back or if his finger is off of the string and he's just playing a single note.
 #76799  by Emoto

Seemed to me like he was starting off with an E chord (C form) in the 4th position, and then doing something odd for a beat or so, and then maybe doing that slide into the E at the7th position.
 #76800  by czyfingers

I'm not sure what chord Bobby was playing, but I found it pretty hilarious when Bobby tried to cue Jerry to start singing by silently mouthing -NOW- at about the 0:38 mark and Jer just kept honking away on that E note for a few more bars and started singing when he was good and ready.
 #76932  by Scott Bardolf

The E major he is grabbing is middle finger on A string in 7th fret, pointer finger is on D string in 6th fret and pinky in on G string in 9th fret, (although it looks like Bobby is playing the 7th in the video.) That aside, play the above E, then on the slide up he grabs the D string with his pointer finger in the 7th fret and the A string with his ring finger in the 9th fret( creating a diad) moving that same position up to the 9th and 11th fret and back down to 7 and 9 frets resolving back to the E. Make sense?
 #76933  by strumminsix

Hard with no guitar in hand but it looks like this is the start:
Code: Select all
B|-----------------------
G|-----7------------------
D|-6---6-------------------
A|-7---7-------------------
then an accent to B then bop to D