#7640  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I think it safe to say here that you are the main reason most of us decided to pick up the guitar. Thanks. Puff one for JG today! :D

#7641  by Benthegoodbum

Happy B-day Mr. G. Man I was at a Dead show on his birthday...back in '04 I believe and I don't know if it was the drugs but I felt like He was looking down on the show. I like to think it wasn't just the drugs, but man it put me in a damn fine place that night!
 #7648  by phreaker

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I think it safe to say here that you are the main reason most of us decided to pick up the guitar. Thanks. Puff one for JG today! :D
I'm way ahead of ya.

Happy birthday Jerr Bear.:smile:

#7651  by tigerstrat

We still NEED ya, we'll still FEED ya! HAPPY 64th Jer-Bear!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

#7653  by ebick

I caught the show when Jerry turned 40......no, not the Oklahoma Zoo show, but the night before at Manor Downs in Texas. The show started late on the 31st and midnight hit during drums/space. They did fireworks during the intermission and during d/s for Jer.

On top of that, it was an incredibly hot show. Hard to believe we're going back 24 years for that one. I get the sense that lots of folks who frequent this site were not even born yet.

Man, that makes me feel old.

Party on Wayne!

#7656  by jck_strw

ebick wrote:Party on Wayne!
Party on Garth!

#7665  by whitelacestrange

happy 64th jerry! thank you so much for all the joy you've given us, and continue to give us.

#7666  by wisedyes

Man, do I miss Jerry, and the boys, and the whole thing. Phils' band and Ratdog are fun, but it just ain't the same, ya know?

It was just always good to know that as funked up as things in the good ol' US of A may have gotten, there was always the Grateful Dead for a sanity break, at least.

Happy 64th, Fat Man!

#7667  by phreaker

And nothing's more American than the Grateful Dead.

#7679  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

ebick wrote:I caught the show when Jerry turned 40......no, not the Oklahoma Zoo show, but the night before at Manor Downs in Texas. The show started late on the 31st and midnight hit during drums/space. They did fireworks during the intermission and during d/s for Jer.

On top of that, it was an incredibly hot show. Hard to believe we're going back 24 years for that one. I get the sense that lots of folks who frequent this site were not even born yet.

Man, that makes me feel old.

Party on Wayne!
Thanks for that Manor Downs recommendation there Ebick. Yes, I was only 9 at the time of this show so I was not enlightened at that point of my life. It did get involuntarily stoned at Billy Joel at MSG with my parents that year though. I think it was that year.. I have always been big on the '82 GD recordings I had, a great rocking year for the boys. I gave that Manor Downs a listen to on archive today and it was slammin! Jerry is absolutely feeling it all over that show. Kudos your way.