#75756  by ugly rumor

when Phil was using Meyers Sound lab speakers, does anyone know the exact model number of the speaker? also, Mike gordon is using the meyers set-up. Any info on his actual speaker model number? Thanks to all!!
 #75758  by studied_4_acid_test

Just something I looked up for Phil...
Meyer then showed the 650 to bassist Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead, who immediately took an interest. Eventually, a second driver was added because the single driver had a high failure rate and the 650-R2 was born. The 650-R2 lasted until self-powering was added to make the 650-P, a model still sold today

I actually saw Mike Gordon last night...dead set right in front of him. Sorry I can't help with the model number though :bong:
 #75782  by tigerstrat

eeeeee wrote:I think Mike is using the latest powered double 18. Probably http://www.meyersound.com/products/conc ... /index.htm.

I don't think there is too much that is beyond the stock system. I've gotten to plug into his rig a couple times and it's a great experience!

Edwin
eeeee, what was up with those servo-driven speakers Mike used a bit in the early 90's? I recall you (or someone) saying they had proved a headache to maintain, but remember little else of what was said about their make or model#.
 #75786  by ugly rumor

Heard Mike Gordon with the Benevento-Russo Duo a few years back...incredible tone. I went ahead and gambled and bought a Meyers Sound Lab MS-815 on ebay. I'll try it in a couple of cabs and let my ears tell me. Sorry, ear. I no longer have any of my right ear. Thanks, guys!

eeeee...if you know of anyone in the Denver area who needs a Lesh style bassist, turn me on to them. I just started with another blues band, but really want to play Dead. Thanks!

By the way, I'm in Golden...no longer in Virginia, I need to update that!
 #76081  by NeebruM

I even like that STRAP! :)

that Phil stuff looks a litle overkill to me, which, of course IS the Phil way... lol