rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#73838  by brutusbuck45
 Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm
Thanks for reminding me of those pics on his site. I had looked at them all before but it had been awhile. I loving seeing old pics like that. I'm pretty nostalgic and a student of historic record. Those pics are so great. I wish there were more people that would take the time to scan their old photos and post them. Think about how much significant information is sitting in photo albums, trunks, and drawers. Anyway, very cool.
 #73898  by jeffm725
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:52 am
Jim,
I am also of the opinion that JBL's will do Weir just fine.
I have used K-120's and even E-120's and can get a good Weir tone out of both.......
Also the Tone Tubbies will do it (if money is no object have Tone Tubby recone a JBL with Hemp....fantastic for Weir!)

MK.........If you are after Bobby blues for allah, use what he used.......K-120's

and I have a very inexpensive Dark Horse to throw into the mix:
Eminence Cannabis Rex...........
you can get these for 75 bucks a pop new and I actually get GREAT sounds out of them, very clean with a nice defined high end but no ice pick.........
 #73914  by strumminsix
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 pm
jeffm725 wrote:and I have a very inexpensive Dark Horse to throw into the mix:
Eminence Cannabis Rex...........
you can get these for 75 bucks a pop new and I actually get GREAT sounds out of them, very clean with a nice defined high end but no ice pick.........
Love my C-Rex's!