name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #69360  by Adam Deckard

Hello,

My name is Adam, Im 27 years old, and I live in Virginia with my wife and daughter. I am currently in school at VT studying electrical engineering. I thought I knew a thing or two about the grateful dead before I discovered this website. I find hours of entertainment within these pages. Thank you all for this place. I think I will stay a while.

Adam

I play acoustic and electric guitar, banjo, and the mando. I have one of each, my electric is an ibanez with the tremolo deal at the bottom. I have two fender amps one gdec and one deville 410. Gibson banjo, Epiphone Acoustic, custom mando. I have a looper I like to play with, so for the most part I play at home. I do occasionally play a gig with my dad's funkybluesgrass band.

I have a hand-me-down boss me 20 that seems to be a peice of garbage, if anyone here could give me advice on getting the best jerry tone I can with what I have, and perhaps a shopping list under 1000 that would do it I would grately appreciate it, although im sure there are forums I have not read addressing this.
Last edited by Adam Deckard on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #69362  by Good Times

Welcome and Enjoy :smile:
 #69528  by kenneybonz

hi adam, from richmond... tom here.. nice to meet ya...

we will be down hanging with some huge dead fans down in bberg in late january too for a jam kinda time out in rock camp
 #69533  by wisedyes

Hey, Adam, I'm Dave, and I live in Richmond, VA. Welcome! I just bought a cheap mando to try to learn on, got any pointers?
 #70007  by Adam Deckard

Thank you for the warm welcome!

My mando skills stop at chords and scales. Sorry man, my dad gave me the mando, and i generally just throw it down as a smaller layer on a loop or something.

Talk to you all at some point or another.

Adam
 #71453  by tcsned

kenneybonz wrote:hi adam, from richmond... tom here.. nice to meet ya...

we will be down hanging with some huge dead fans down in bberg in late january too for a jam kinda time out in rock camp
lol - do you know Seth? My band is playing this party in Rock Camp. He's good people.

Hey Adam, it's Tom from The Kind!!!