#69310  by jester536

Does the Blues for Allah inlay work cover a compartment like the Tiger?...if so...I don't see any screws. Absolutely beautiful work...I also think it looks good oriented with the standing guitar...rather than on it's side. WOW.
 #69317  by keirweir

Sweet one of a kind guitar. Amazing inlay on an amazing guitar. I love the headstock. Nothing like building a one of a kind guitar. This is somthing I could stare at all day. As a matter of fact i think I will. :D
 #69352  by cSuttle

jester536 wrote:Does the Blues for Allah inlay work cover a compartment like the Tiger?...if so...I don't see any screws. Absolutely beautiful work...I also think it looks good oriented with the standing guitar...rather than on it's side. WOW.
I don't know. I only did the inlay work, I didn't build the guitar. I remember than they were talking about having it held in my magnets at one point. In the close up, it looks like it's glue in, but is sort of hard to tell. The inlay in the standing position sort of caught me off guard. I design it to go the other way, but of course the final decision would be up to the luthier.
 #69353  by cSuttle

keirweir wrote:Sweet one of a kind guitar. Amazing inlay on an amazing guitar. I love the headstock. Nothing like building a one of a kind guitar. This is somthing I could stare at all day. As a matter of fact i think I will. :D
Check out my site and you can see the steps involved in doing the inlay. Lots more to stare at there.
 #71583  by 560sdl

Hey, that's my guitar! I just posted it in another thread and here you guys have been talking about it for a month or so.

It is really a sweet guitar. Any questions, just ask. And Cliff from Sharkinlay was just the best to work with. Love him!
 #81386  by JonnyBoy

cSuttle wrote:Hi Gang,

It's Cliff Suttle, the guy who designed and made the Blues of Allah piece shown above. Just thought I would chime in and see if there are any questions about how it was made, or materials used, or how it will be installed on the guitar, or the meaning of life ...

Ask away.

Great job Cliff, I really like your work. And while your willing, Why are we here on this Earth?
 #81389  by cSuttle

JonnyBoy wrote:And while your willing, Why are we here on this Earth?
Now there is a interesting question. I think that are two possible answers.

1) We are just the product of dumb luck as a consequence of the life engine that exists in the universe and is probably going on everywhere.

OR

2) We are a small part in the process of the universe coming into conscienese. (I know that's spelled wrong)
 #81391  by JonnyBoy

I thought the answer to life the universe and everything is 72. Go figure. If you get a chance go check out the new pictures from the hubble, spitzer and the Chandra telescopes and checkout all the galaxies, billions of them, and we can barely get to mars. All that puts life's struggles into perspective for me. Everything I kill myself over seems to turn into trivial matters. I finally made one of those pictures my screen saver to keep me in perspective often :lol: .

HA! you actually answered it for me....