Chat about Equipment Info
 #68796  by playingdead

There's some funky stuff on that guitar ... why is the bridge sitting on its posts in a hollowed out portion of the body? And why is there a panel on the back of the neck just above the stoptail?

It also has a single coil in the middle and wooden pickup surrounds, which I've never seen before on one of their guitars. And the neck humbucker doesn't look like a Super 2, although the description says it is.
 #68805  by jackr

Call me cynical, but when some one makes their first post as something I ebay, I get suspicious. Is that perhaps your guitar Adam?

I know that is a dumb question because I am sure there will either be no response or a denial. No one will ever kopp to it.

If it isnt I apologize and welcome you to the forum.
 #68806  by Rusty the Scoob

My guess on the bridge is that they built the neck angle wrong so that the bridge couldn't be lowered enough, so they hollowed out a cavity for it. I'm betting the removable panel on the back is related. Maybe it was built for Jerry action height and somebody wanted shred-metal action instead?
 #68808  by jdsmodulus

This is the second listing by the way, it was first listed a little higher, no bids. I like how it looks (take away Gandolf) but if there issues it does not explain any on the listing. 3 grand and its got issues! :shock:
 #68809  by Adam Deckard

Jakr,

No it is not my guitar. I was thinking about buying it. A lady rear ended me a month ago while I was on my way to a triathlon. My carbon fiber equinox was snapped in half, and now I have insurance money and a jonesing for a jerry garcia guitar. Everything you all have mentioned points to shadiness, if it has been in the case and rarely played, then why does it have so many modifications? If the owner is such a GD fan to spend that much on a guitar, how could he not know about this website and not consider posting it here?

I am talking to phil gawen right now trying to get him to send me a wolf, but alas the dude has a lot going on and cannot always get back to me.

I was also thinking about building a wolf... I drew the thing up in autocad, wanna see?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8170/wolfv.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9647/wolf2p.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3558/wolf3l.jpg

anyways, i am a big lord of the rings fan and i love the gandolf deal, but it doesnt look like a deal, looks like a sham mc sham sham

adam
 #68814  by Rusty the Scoob

Welcome, Adam! Sorry to hear about your bike!

I wouldn't say that the Res is definitely a bad guitar... but it sure is sketchy.

That Alembic is sweet! Swap in some Super 2s and Jerry electronics and that'd be awesome.
 #68818  by keirweir

These guitars go new for what.. like $10k? $5k is a deal!

Speaking of Alembic of course
Last edited by keirweir on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #68836  by tenscjed

Back in October 2007, I found the attached picture on a Myspace page and I can't locate it any longer. I remember the guy was from NY. I asked Pat O'Donnell at Resurrection Guitars about it and he verified back then that he built it. Seems to all add up to me. For what it is worth ...

Steve
www.cripeguitars.com