#68041  by Naataanii

Trying to find a recording I beleive in either 92 0r 93 at Soilder Field, Chicago of Jerry coming out and playing with Sting during Fields of Gold. Any help would be appreciated.

Spencer
 #68048  by tigerstrat

Naataanii wrote:Trying to find a recording I beleive in either 92 0r 93 at Soilder Field, Chicago of Jerry coming out and playing with Sting during Fields of Gold. Any help would be appreciated.

Spencer
It was Soldier '93, and I believe the song was "Tea In The Sahara".
 #68052  by NashvilleMike

Fucking Sting, he sucks so much it hard to find the words. Worst thing the Dead ever did. Fucking Sting...I can't stand him. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :x :twisted:

sorry Sting brings out the very worst in me.
 #68055  by bodiddley

Wow. Don't hold back. Too bad. I love him...in a non gay way of course.
 #68058  by willmusic

willmusic wrote:I like him alright too. I mean I like the Police way more, but melodically his stuff is ok. Can't fault a guy for turning into smiley/frowny ass-flogging Satan over him either tho!

I think I just figured out what I'm gonna be for Halloween!! Thanks!!!
 #68087  by jeffm725

I actually dont mind Sting, (and wasnt Branford Marsalis a member of his band at one point in the late 80's early 90's? Good enough for Branford, good enough for me :hail: ) but the adverse reaction here made me laugh because it brought back memories of that summer tour. All my tour buddies on that tour used to call him "Stin(k)" As in: "What time is Stink's set over so I can go into the stadium?"

In addition to Tea in the Sahara I believe Jer also sat in on Walking on the Moon. (I like that song)
 #68088  by Tennessee Jedi

jeffm725 wrote:
In addition to Tea in the Sahara I believe Jer also sat in on Walking on the Moon. (I like that song)
I seem to remember that in the late 80's .... ? The tour with 10,000 Maniacs and Violent Femmes ...
I remember seeing a documentary on Sting .... the band he had at the time was living in house recording an album ....he was trying to remember one of his tunes on bass ... he couldn't remember it and his bass guy had to show him ,.....
:D
 #68089  by Rusty the Scoob

The Police were good. Sting, I am not fond of. Or Brandford, for that matter. Seriously... he's like Kenny G but black.

I was just reading in McNally's book about how Jerry and Phil taught the original Warlocks to jam after seeing Coltrane. The big man would be rolling in his Giant Stepping grave over them playing with Sting.
 #68097  by jeffm725

Rusty the Scoob wrote:The Police were good. Sting, I am not fond of. Or Brandford, for that matter. Seriously... he's like Kenny G but black.
.............oooh provocative....DUCK!
 #68099  by Rusty the Scoob

Hah! :lol: Look out! It's friday, and I'm not pulling any punches today. :lol: I don't care how many Branford-lovers there are out there, or that the band finally played better when he came around.

If it helps, I like his brother a lot less. :mad: :twisted:

Poor guy... we've totally trashed his thread. :lol:
 #68103  by tigerstrat

Kadlecik & I used to do "Walking In Your Footsteps"- actually that cover was a holdover from his Hairball Willy days. Good jamming song.
 #68104  by jdsmodulus

tigerstrat wrote:Kadlecik & I used to do "Walking In Your Footsteps"- actually that cover was a holdover from his Hairball Willy days. Good jamming song.
I have a video of Hairball doing that tune. It was very good. I also saw many of the Sting/Dead shows and liked them very much. Sting is a really great singer and bass player. But the sets were very much the same!
 #68264  by Emoto

Saw Stink once on his dream of the blue turtles(?) tour. I had been given free tickets. As much as I found the writing clever and the musicianship excellent, he bored the hell out of me.