#66819  by bodiddley

I refuse to buy this crap. Now, had they done the right thing and released a full show on DVD like everyone's been wanting for over 3 years (Egypt don't count) I would be happy to spend my money.
 #66820  by jdsmodulus

I wouldn't spend alot on this either! alot of this footage, if not all of it exisist in highly traded circles! Not worth it!
 #66837  by Tennessee Jedi

yeah I was wondering about whether I had seen the footage before or not.
Too bad its just a few tunes from many years .... but I always want to see more Dead.
The whole " Scrapbook" does seem like a money grab....
Just release the MUSIC!
We will pay !
The Music !
No more trinkets !
:D
 #66844  by jdsmodulus

| would buy every darn DVD that they released they just don't do it enough! There are soooo many great shows that would be appropriate!! No more compilations or partials!! Whole shows!! I can make my own scarbook that would be cooler anyways because it would reflect my true experience with the boys. :smile:
 #66845  by Tennessee Jedi

jdsmodulus wrote:| would buy ever darn DVD that they released they just don't do it enough! There are soooo many great shows that would be appropriate!! No more compilations or partials!! Whole shows!!
Amen to that ...
But then they put out the Egypt Shows - average show at best.
:roll:
Sucks - aint there any 80-83 shows out there ?????????
Seems like there is tons of footage out there.
What are they waiting for ?
 #66846  by jdsmodulus

They have literrally EVERY show from 1986-95 on proshot video! It's their retirement nestegg, they just won't retire! I'm OK with that too though!
Egypt was a weak release...but I did like the "vaca tapes"
 #66847  by Tennessee Jedi

In twenty years when Phil is 90 - the tapes come out !
:smile:
Yes about the Vaca tapes - the extras are sometimes better than then main meal.
I dig the extra stuff that comes with the Dead Movie - straight ahead footage of the band jamming its brains out !
my buddy does the download thing.
We do a "Dead Night" and check the stuff out - there is some sweet sweet stuff out there !
 #66912  by bodiddley

jdsmodulus wrote:They have literrally EVERY show from 1986-95 on proshot video! It's their retirement nestegg, they just won't retire! I'm OK with that too though!
Egypt was a weak release...but I did like the "vaca tapes"
Hmmmm, not too sure about that statement. I think they did most of the taping for the outdoor shows. In the later Vinnie years this may be the case as I recall shots of the band at indoor shows. I think saying every show on video from '86 on is a stretch.

So why the hell does it look like Wolfgangs vault is gonna beat the GD at their own game and outfox them? Why the hell isn't the Dead doing this kinda thing, (Releasing whole shows for reasonably priced download that is)with their vault?
 #66979  by Rusty the Scoob

Pete B. wrote:I wish they would release a "minus 1" series.
For example, the entire set of "studio" albums released... with Jerry's guitar parts completely removed.
That would be fun to have to jam along with.

Check out the "Minus One" catalog at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 27ac3y4m_b

Hmmm... I smell a business opportunity for a competent GD rhythm section. 8)
 #66980  by Tennessee Jedi

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Pete B. wrote:I wish they would release a "minus 1" series.
For example, the entire set of "studio" albums released... with Jerry's guitar parts completely removed.
That would be fun to have to jam along with.

Check out the "Minus One" catalog at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 27ac3y4m_b

Hmmm... I smell a business opportunity for a competent GD rhythm section. 8)
I would pay real money for CD of Dead tunes without the Jerry track for practice purposes.
Something I could crank through the PA and with vocals would be cool ...
I do have a bunch of backing tracks with out vocals and just chopped up sections of tunes that is cool to jam to.
Anyone record their band in such a way as to drop the Jerry git track out ?
 #67137  by mttourpro

I know I'd pay fake money, no doubt---sorry TJ--couldn't resist. :lol:

When we record, we use an Alesis harddrive recorder. I think it has 32 track capability.If you use one to record your band, it's very easy to mute out whatever you want. Renting one is likely pretty cheap and they're pretty easy to use. Perhaps if you had a very good multi-band EQ, you could re-record GD tunes and pretty much eliminate JG--though I'm sure it would compromise other instruments too...just a thought for ya. Also, I'd assume if you had some old tapes where jerry is really low in the mix, those might work well.