#64408  by Stevo123

I've listened to this lick over and over again on different recordings. He doesn't always play what I'm referring to but it is on the studio version. It's after the E-E7 when he goes to the A. It's the transition "lick" to the C, it sounds cool as hell and creates a nice effect. I have a pretty good ear and I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the Bob things but this one eludes me to no end, even though it seems like it should be simple. Anyone know the part I'm referring to?
 #64409  by strumminsix

No guitar in hand nor do I have the studio album. But something comes to mind from years back:

b --2-3-5-----1----
g --------------0-----
d --------------2-----
a --------------3-----
 #64416  by Peaks Rhythm

I don't have the studio version available, but I like to play variations off this for the E E7 A C.

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|------------------------------------------------
B|-----------------------5-------------------------
G|----4---7-----6--------5------------------------
D|----6---6-----7(p)5----5--------------------------
A|----7---7-----------7---------------------------
E|------------------------------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

Lenny
 #64426  by Stevo123

-----E ---E7-------A------------C
E|-------------0---------------------
B|----9--------0----------------5---
G|----9-----4--------6-4-------5--
D|----9-----6-----7-------7----5--
A|-7-----5-------------------------
E|----------------------------------

This is as close as I can get, but it seems to be incomplete. To me it sounds like there are two note sequences over the A chord before it switches to the C, perhaps moving in contrary motion. Maybe it's the mi-re-do (relative to the A chord) that I have here, against the mi-fa-so (2-3-5 on the b string) strummin posted. That almost sounds right to me, I'll try working with it a little bit more.
 #64427  by strumminsix

Stevo123 wrote:
This is as close as I can get, but it seems to be incomplete. To me it sounds like there are two note sequences over the A chord before it switches to the C, perhaps moving in contrary motion. Maybe it's the mi-re-do (relative to the A chord) that I have here, against the mi-fa-so (2-3-5 on the b string) strummin posted. That almost sounds right to me, I'll try working with it a little bit more.
My head wasn't right. Under caffeinated.

Here is what I've come up with below. Mind you Bobby has very fast fingers and there is more vibrato and pull-off/hammer ma-bobs going on here but I'm fairly certain this is in the ballpark.
Code: Select all

E|---0---0---0---------------------
B|---0---0---2---3p2-----------5---
G|---1---1---2---------4---5-------
D|---2---0---2---------------------
A|---2---2---0---------------------
E|---0---0-------------------------

E|---0---0---0---------------------
B|---0---0---2---3p2-----------1---
G|---1---1---2---------4---0-------
D|---2---0---2---------------------
A|---2---2---0---------------------