#46955  by Billbbill

8/11 - Reprocessed this vid - it's a little clearer.

So I never really dug into this one until recently - kinda just strummed my way through it. So I decided to get it together. Surprisingly tough. This was like take 10 or something!! Had a bunch of gadgets goin - metronome, jamman and playing through my amp.

Got some rhythm going during the lead - for a change - big help.

Anyone want tab for the descending line let me know, I'll post it. I'll probably do it anyway. I also made a word file of this for my benefit. It's pretty much written out end to end, chords and lyric. Anyone want this pm me and I'll e-mail it.
Last edited by Billbbill on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#46962  by Billbbill

OK so I just noticed a nice little timing screw up :x 1st and last verse I go from the Bm to the A one beat quick. Surprised I didn't catch that.

What's this in 3/4? It's a little weird for some reason. Totally straight forward, but a little weird...for me anyway. :-?

#46994  by Billbbill

What I do at the end of the verse

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

------------C--------G/B-------Am(7)---G

E|----------------------------------------
B|----------------------------------------
G|-----------------0--------0-------0-----
D|--------------2--------0----------------
A|-----0--2--3--------2--------0h2-(0)----
E|--3----------------------------------3--
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

...World--------------go------by....

---G--------Bm--------Em-------D-------------C--------Bm--------Am

E|-----------------------------2--------------------------------0--
B|--------3--------3--------0--3-----------3--------------------1--
G|-----4--------4--------0-----2--------2-----------0--------0--2--
D|--5--------4--------2--------0-----0-----------2--------0-----2--
A|--------------------------------0-----------3--------2--------0--
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

#46996  by czyfingers

Nice job bill. Good use of the jam man too. :-) This motivated me to pick up my acoustic guitar.

#47000  by Billbbill

Thanks kev - I think i'm getting the hang of it. I guess a mic would be in order next...if I dare :-) This opens up a number of other tunes to the 'to do' list.
 #63100  by qiuniu

Nice work billbbill! I've been working on this song recently myself, I agree it is a little tougher than it looks, I found that Jerry spices up the songs that have chord structures that are easy to remember. Thanks for the video, it has helped me...
 #63179  by Billbbill

qiuniu wrote:Nice work billbbill! I've been working on this song recently myself, I agree it is a little tougher than it looks, I found that Jerry spices up the songs that have chord structures that are easy to remember. Thanks for the video, it has helped me...
Excellent! Glad it's helped. :cool: And thanks - :cheers:
 #63181  by jackr

That was SWEET! You really have a great tone.

What kind of guitar are you playing?
 #63182  by Billbbill

jackr wrote:That was SWEET! You really have a great tone.

What kind of guitar are you playing?
Thanks jack - it's a Taylor 310 CE - The audio is from the camcorder mic and is probably picking up both directly from the guitar and it's also plugged into my amp (mainly for the verse loop) with maybe a little bit of reverb.
 #63183  by jackr

Damn - a Taylor. I should have known. They are my competition. They do sound nice though I have to admit!
 #63185  by Billbbill

jackr wrote:Damn - a Taylor. I should have known. They are my competition. They do sound nice though I have to admit!
Ha! I read that as if you were Seinfeld saying with his usual dose of dreaded angst, 'Newman!!'
:P