Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #62908  by strumminsix

Why? Thought that was part of your ideal setup?

(BTW, took the UE700 out of my rack!)
 #62966  by strumminsix

Interesting... I find myself using delay quite often. However, it's more because what the music needs than what Bobby did.
One tiny room we play we go at it without keys (literally no room and we run direct to the board, no amps) and that's when more delay comes out!

BTW, hope you tell us what you do with your new rig! I see you purging alot of your gear! Overhual or just downsizing?
 #62967  by mkaufman

My rig has never been simpler or better sounding to my ears:

Ibanez AR500 (with Super 80's) -> BBE Boosta Grande -> Ibanez FL305 -> Silvertone 1474.

- AR500: VERY hard guitar to find as this is the 1st version with Super 80 pups, only made in '79 and part of '80. I use just the bridge pup and in the phase reversal setting. That's the key!

- Boosta Grande - lots of clean boost because the guitar output is very low with phase reversal.

- FL305 - great flanger - it's the Weir late 70's flanger sound (supposedly the same one as the AD230 & UE700 flanger).

- Silvertone: 1962 amp recently rehab'd. Lots of tubes (4x6l6's and more) with 2 original 12" Jensen P12Q speakers.

2 more important components:

- Gruven amp stand - nice 45 degree angle so I can hear myself! http://www.gruven-stands.com/products/?ptag=amp
- I rotate the amp so it's vertical, not horizontal

I'm always tinkering and I still own tons of gear, so things can change, however, I'm very pleased with this setup.

mk
 #62971  by strumminsix

mkaufman wrote:My rig has never been simpler or better sounding to my ears:

Ibanez AR500 (with Super 80's) -> BBE Boosta Grande -> Ibanez FL305 -> Silvertone 1474.

- AR500: VERY hard guitar to find as this is the 1st version with Super 80 pups, only made in '79 and part of '80. I use just the bridge pup and in the phase reversal setting. That's the key!

- Boosta Grande - lots of clean boost because the guitar output is very low with phase reversal.

- FL305 - great flanger - it's the Weir late 70's flanger sound (supposedly the same one as the AD230 & UE700 flanger).

- Silvertone: 1962 amp recently rehab'd. Lots of tubes (4x6l6's and more) with 2 original 12" Jensen P12Q speakers.

2 more important components:

- Gruven amp stand - nice 45 degree angle so I can hear myself! http://www.gruven-stands.com/products/?ptag=amp
- I rotate the amp so it's vertical, not horizontal

I'm always tinkering and I still own tons of gear, so things can change, however, I'm very pleased with this setup.

mk

Nice! It's funny, Mike, that our rigs have alot of similarities!

Firstly, Gruven amp stand. I've been using one for better than 4 years I think and love it and recommend it all the time.
Secondly, clean boost. I'm using the serrano picosso for same reasons - coil taping drop in volume esp with out of phase.
Thirdly, Alnico speakers. A must, IMO.
Finally, "Watery". I know the sound you are getting with that flanger. I'm getting that "wetness" from a ph350 but with phase instead of flange.

Rock on brother!