Chat about Equipment Info
 #62889  by jester536

Ok...looks like I got it!!!! I'll post a few more images.
The guitar is beautiful...we didn't try to copy Tiger exactly...just make it reminiscent of Tiger. The body size is smaller which helps with the weight issue.
But most importantly it plays like a dream.
 #62890  by hesgone95

A thing of beauty man. Congrats!
 #62892  by NashvilleMike

That is beautiful! I spoke to Chris awhile back and he seemed like a first rate guy. If I hadn't found a local guy I would have ordered one from him. Is that cocobola? Where did he get the hardware?
 #62893  by jester536

Chris was fantastic. He's just a young guy that is really into his craft. That is cocobolo ... he was very excited when he found the piece...now I can see why. It's got a lot of character.
The hardware...tuners and bridge...are pretty standard. The tailpiece, pick-up surround, etc..he fabricates himself. But if you were to ask him...I'm sure he'd gladly share info. He's a pleasure to work with.
 #63260  by Arnold's Carnival

Glad to hear that you like your Michas guitar.

I recieved a wolf from the same build period and unfortunatley it is extremely unplayable for me. I found that the communication portion of the build was deplorable and resulted in incorrect specs and issues that are non-resolvable now (i.e. related to construction). First and last time i buy a guitar w/out playing first. it looks nice but only makes matters worse when you try to play it.

Again, glad it worked for you and all the best!

AC
 #63264  by jester536

AC
So sorry to hear that. Maybe I just got lucky. I've been playing mine constantly since I got it and am really enjoying it. I'm getting the sound dialed in...I think it's really beginning to sound good. Can't understand how we could have such completely different experiences from the same guy at the same time. Hope you can get something worked out.
 #63265  by paulinnc

congrats!!! That is a cool guitar. I was checking out Michas site and his work looks to be getting better and better. That is always a good sign.
 #95892  by gratefulnuge

Hey guys. I also got a Michas Wolf around the same time. It's an OK guitar. Again, Chris was great to work with and was very reasonable. I think I lucked out as well, and can see how someone could not have. I love the guitar and dumped a LOT of cash into it, but would be concerned to order another. I've re-wired it and it does what I want it to. The action is very high, which I like, and I don't want to lower it...however, should I ever want to lower it, I don't have the option. The bridge is completely bottomed out and saddles are as low as I would ever be comfortable taking them. The inlay work is incredibly shotty. Instead of inlaying the actual pieces, BIG holes were routed and then just poured with filler. It looks fine from a distance, but the body shape and a lot of the craftsmanship are way off. I've heard that his work has gotten better which is great. My final word is that I'd probably look into some other options in the 5K +/- range next time!
 #95903  by Becker Guitars

I don't think Chris is building any more. What a shame, this economy totally sucks and he's a great guy. If i didn't end up with Becker there was a good chance I would've worked with Chris. He was one of the few builders I contacted (there were many) that actually was open to the idea of taking on an apprentice right off the bat. I hope he gets back into the game once things take a turn for the better.