#62250  by runninaground

I'm sorry cause this is'nt equiptment-related, but it seems to get absolutely NO attention ANYWHERE else i post it. . . . . i'm looking for a Lead Guitar tab for throwing stones, basically it's the licks that Jerry plays that follow the chord progression, it also makes up the 1st solo in that song . . . . i've been trying to figure it out for years, i KNOW somebody has to know it!!!!!!!
 #62259  by strumminsix

We've all experienced threads getting ignored and it is frustrating.

But it's even more frustrating to have info on T-Stones if 4 different sections when there is a defined section for it!
 #62267  by Pete B.

I always thought the TS solo was a dead ringer for the solo in Samson & D.
Just a different key.
 #62271  by strumminsix

Pete B. wrote:I always thought the TS solo was a dead ringer for the solo in Samson & D.
Just a different key.
Same what I thought. But I question whether the OP is talking about the little walk Jerry does during the rap.
 #62272  by astroman99

I believe he is referring to the solo over the verse pattern...
think althea , but rockier
don't forget your arpeggios(italian chords).
I like the chocolate :lol:
 #62285  by NashvilleMike

Play however you want...just don't follow it with NFA!
 #62300  by tigerstrat

why wouldn't we follow it with NFA? I guess I do kinda prefer NFA with the pre-mid-80's teased out intro though.
it's the licks that Jerry plays that follow the chord progression, it also makes up the 1st solo in that song
So he is talking about the bass-note melody that Jerry does while Bob is singing the verses, following along with Bm,A,E,A,Bm, G etc
 #62306  by NashvilleMike

tigerstrat wrote:why wouldn't we follow it with NFA? I guess I do kinda prefer NFA with the pre-mid-80's teased out intro though.
Yes like the Greek 82 Space>NFA was very cool. I am not sure if I ever saw TS without NFA. All my shows were 85-91 and I just remember everytime they played TS I had trouble enjoying it because it was about to be sing-a-long time. I liked being surprised.
Why not Throwin' Stones>Peggy Sue?
 #62307  by tigerstrat

NashvilleMike wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:why wouldn't we follow it with NFA? I guess I do kinda prefer NFA with the pre-mid-80's teased out intro though.
Yes like the Greek 82 Space>NFA was very cool. I am not sure if I ever saw TS without NFA. All my shows were 85-91 and I just remember everytime they played TS I had trouble enjoying it because it was about to be sing-a-long time. I liked being surprised.
Why not Throwin' Stones>Peggy Sue?
Seems like you had a run of bad luck- I was about the same time frame as your show-going and they sometimes switched in other tunes to blow into out of TS, such as Good Lovin or Lovelight, maybe even a OMSN here and there. Peggy Sue? How about Well Alright or Oh Boy?